PDA

View Full Version : dead straight flush on 3rd

bigredlemon
05-14-2005, 06:31 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($.25/$.50), Ante $.10, Bring-In $.15 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 0: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings in
Seat 2: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

I figure no matter how dead my hand is, it's hard to fold a straight flush for the bring in. The table is quite aggressive however, so the chance of a completion is fairly high. Since the structure sucks, a completion is just the ante (2/3rd the bring-in) more. If it gets completed and raised, I play on folding.

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

I catch a tiny piece by I'm certaintly playing for half the pot and its small so I fold. Half the table is prone to capping with a draw to a 78 low, so I'm certain fireworks will erupt if anyone hits anything.

beta1607
05-14-2005, 06:40 PM
seems fine since your straight outs are live and got in cheap with many other callers and left when you bricked on 4th.

greenage
05-14-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure no matter how dead my hand is, it's hard to fold a straight flush for the bring in.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I’d play this at a high only table, but at high-low even the crappiest low will split the pot with you, and there are four good looking lows out there. And you might not even get a “nh” from anyone if you hit it.

I think that was a good fold on fourth. Been there, done that.

Edit: Err, three good looking lows.

Edit: And one is the BI, so two gooding looking lows. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bugstud
05-14-2005, 06:50 PM
at hilo you can fold on 3rd

bigredlemon
05-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Looks like I could have easily had the worest hand there. I gave all the high hands big pairs or straight flush draws and the low hands all low cards. I ended up with just .11 pot equity. I guess behind live has a huge effect. On an unrelated note, i just got delt a low straight flush that was completely live except for 2 dead flush cards. I somehow ended up with a full house.