PDA

View Full Version : I'm a lucky donkey (Or, who else is playing the 6/4 PL event?)

usmfan
05-14-2005, 05:13 PM
So I'm crossposting this in the B&M forum also.

My 10th wedding anniversary was very recently. To celebrate, we went to a nice dinner. Some friends joined us upstairs later for drinks. We exchange some gifts at dinner and then go to the bar. Our friends show up with a gift basket that I believe is for the two of us. My wife says for me to open it. My spidey sense is starting to tingle.

I open it and its filled with 4 books:
Insight City Guide-Las Vegas
DK Top 10 Las Vegas
Brunson's Poker Wisdom of a Champion
Moneymaker's Moneymaker

I think how sweet that these guys know me so well. Then I'm thinking that it's kind of rude to exclude Mrs. usmfan. About that time, they tell me that Mrs. is giving me this present not them. Interesting. She hands me the Guide book and says to read the inscription. It says "We should plan a trip to Vegas this year. Turn to page 220"
Neither of us has been before, but we had been discussing it. P.220 says that our flight leaves 6/3 and then directs me to the page on hotels and lets me know where we're staying. I was really excited and surprised now figuring that I'm going to try out the new Mirage room.

We chit chat and I look at the other books. I mention that there was a discussion of Moneymaker's book here. Mrs. usmfan then tells me to read the inscription there. The gist of it was that I should read this so that I'll know what to expect when I play in my first WSOP tourney. Now, I'm a little obtuse and I figure that she has faith in my limited online sat attempts. Nope. I'm directed to flip to the back where a pre-registration confirmation awaits me for the 6/4 PLHE event. Let's just say I'm excited. She's been planning it for months under my nose.

Blah, blah, blah I'm the luckiest guy blah, blah blah

I need to brush up on my pot limit as she'd picked the tourney on the advice of the same guy friend that was with us. He and I play in home tourneys. He incorrectly told Mrs. that it was PL that I play and not NL which is 6/3. C'est la vie.

Anybody got a 2+2 get together for that weekend planned?
Anyone playing in the 6/4 event?

CardSharpCook
05-14-2005, 05:25 PM
that's a really nice story. Yes, I'll be in that event. (it happens to be on my birthday). See the thread on the 6/3 event. Sounds like there will be a 2+2 get-together, I'm not an organizer though, so don't ask me.

CSC

05-15-2005, 05:47 AM
I'm playing