PDA

View Full Version : AQo

future
05-14-2005, 04:23 PM
No reads. Looked standard at first, but I'm wondering if I should have checked it down with the SB calling two cold on the flop (then again people do make bizarre calls).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 8 BB

Pokey
05-14-2005, 04:40 PM
Looks solid to me.

Preflop is standard.

Flop raise is to bump SB out (doesn't work) and take a free card on the turn if needed.

On the turn, SB and BB give you the free card you requested. You're still unimproved, so you check through.

River helps you out, giving you TPTK. Given SB and BB checked on two separate streets, you've GOT to bet this one: you're ahead often enough for this to be a value bet.

Klepton
05-14-2005, 05:48 PM
perfect

damaniac
05-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Seeing someone call two cold on a flop like that can mean they are slowplaying a J, but it could mean lots of other things...gutshot, 8, pocket two's...etc. If he DID have a J, he might check the turn, looking for a check-raise (or even intending to wait for the river), but when it gets checked through and he checks again on the river, he either really really really sucks, or he doesn't have a J. Even bad players will usually bet trips after they whiff on a turn-checkraise. Played it fine.

Stack
05-14-2005, 06:55 PM
You haven't heard from a J all the way to the river. Bet for value.

Nice hand.

MattC
05-14-2005, 07:11 PM
what would you guys do if the river gets raised?