PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Question

Bigdaddydvo
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
OK, Anakin turned to the "dark side of the Force" From what did he turn? In other words, what is the opposite of the "dark side"? The light side? The good side? Nothing seems to fit.

Popinjay
05-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Light side

trying2learn
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
the lite side

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 04:18 PM
I suppose the opposite side could really be painted any color.

DemonDeac
05-14-2005, 04:25 PM
i thought it was the jedi and the force?

Freakin
05-14-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i thought it was the jedi and the force?

[/ QUOTE ]

no.

TimM
05-14-2005, 04:49 PM
"Yeah, but he got the upside, I got the downside. There's two sides to every Schwartz."

Dynasty
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
I believe light side is a common term in Star Wars talk.

BTW, you need to fix your location. It's messing with the formating of the forum.

Freakin
05-14-2005, 04:51 PM
Light side vs. Dark side = Jedi vs. Sith

DVC Calif
05-14-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, Anakin turned to the "dark side of the Force" From what did he turn? In other words, what is the opposite of the "dark side"? The light side? The good side? Nothing seems to fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Force is what gives the Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together." Obi-wan Kenobi in the Episode IV.

There is only one Force throughout the Universe, and similiar to the Taoist Yin/Yang, there appears to be a dark side that represents anger, hatred, despair, etc. Although it is never truly identified, the opposite is simply know as the Force..not good, or light, or anything specific.

Catch of the Day
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM
More than you could ever possibly want to know about THE FORCE... (http://img13.echo.cx/img13/3313/justinadollar0qu.jpg)

Catch-

Sephus
05-14-2005, 06:51 PM
the opposite of the dark side of the force is the force?

DVC Calif
05-14-2005, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of looking nerdy (too late /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ), let me rephrase and provide a better analogy. The Force is the whole with a dark side and and un-named positive side.

In comparision, if we consider the parts of a day, there is day and night. The opposite of night is day but the whole "Day" is know simply as day. I believe that this is the same with the "Force". There is a dark side and a "good" side but both are part of the whole "Force".

Steve the Star Wars nerd.

Dr. Strangelove
05-14-2005, 09:37 PM
eeh, Rectangle.

masse75
05-15-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of looking nerdy (too late /images/graemlins/smirk.gif ), let me rephrase and provide a better analogy. The Force is the whole with a dark side and and un-named positive side.

In comparision, if we consider the parts of a day, there is day and night. The opposite of night is day but the whole "Day" is know simply as day. I believe that this is the same with the "Force". There is a dark side and a "good" side but both are part of the whole "Force".

Steve the Star Wars nerd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's kinda like IHOP pancakes. You have one pancake, but there's a darker side and a lighter side. One pancake, two sides.

It's about this time that you realize coming to IHOP in your Jedi outfit is a bad idea...

mostsmooth
05-15-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
whats the opposite of the dark(er) side of poker, or the darker side of new york, or the dark side of gambling? or a persons dark side?

whiskeytown
05-15-2005, 10:04 AM
actually, there are dark jedi - they're not always sith.

Sith were a special group - dark jedi who took command of a civilization called the Sith - they basically set up on the 4th moon of Yavin (where the Rebel Base would later be) and went out - then there were thousands of them...

eventually, Sith also became the term applied to the jedi leaders, but in their lust for power, they all killed each other but one - and he rebuilt it with just a master and an apprentice -

So, no, it's not just Jedi vs. Sith - Plenty of dark Jedi/force powerful people as well in that universe...

RB