PDA

View Full Version : Two Iffy Hands.

B Dids
05-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Hand 1. Mp3 is pretty aggro. Wide range of hands he'd bet here on the flop.

I feel like I should be raising somewhere, but I couldn't find a spot where it seemed safe. Nor could I find a spot where folding seemed right either.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Hand 2.

UTG+1 is pretty solid, if he doesn't think highly of me, he's at least been around long enough to know I'm not raising light from UTG. I figured he would have 3-bet 99 preflop, but I'm not sure.

I think the turn is an obvious fold, but I couldn't shake the feeling like I just counterfitted two pair or that he's just got AK/AQ and is playing fast. Then all of a sudden it's a big pot and I've got top pair and I don't feel like I can lay down.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20.25 BB

PotatoStew
05-14-2005, 02:34 PM
Hand 1 I fold preflop, but maybe that's just me. Aside from that, I think you could bet out on the turn. If MP3 raises, it's 2 bets to the other 2 guys, and that's not a bad thing.

imported_PP123
05-14-2005, 10:20 PM
Hand 1
I would have been more aggressive on the turn. Either just bet out or gone for a checkraise.

Hand 2
Your flop play is good I think. But the turn call??? Exactly what two pair did you think you counterfeited? When it comes back two to me I'm more concerned about MP2 than UTG+1. Without any good reads I think this is a clear fold.

Redd
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I think I'd be inclined to fold the for two in hand 2, and I'd play hand 1 the same way.

But I'm just a micro newb, so take it for what it's worth - I was actually hoping to ask you a question: would you have overcalled the river in hand 1?

MisterKing
05-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Hand 1 looks good, and seems VERY familiar... any chance you'd PM me with the name of MP3 in that hand in case it was me? Hand two I'm folding the turn fearing 99. The # of times your hand is good are still semi=numerous, but the problem is that you'll be splitting the pot most of those times.

Lurker4
05-14-2005, 10:59 PM
hand 1: I'd lead the turn, if MP3 has 7x I don't want him possibly checking and having this turn checked through. If he raises, you probably thin the field of any one pair 5-out draws/overcards, and possibly make straight/flushdraws pay more.

hand 2: I play the flop the same and plan on calling down after that, but after MP2 wakes up on the turn, and facing 2 cold not closing the action, I fold. Between UTG+1 and MP2 I think you are a beat a large % of the time, and drawing very thin.