PDA

View Full Version : KQs in SB - not very exciting

Fiddler
05-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Sometimes I'll call the river but not against this guy. So how about it? Unexciting and standard?

Webster
05-14-2005, 12:23 PM
I would not have gone so far with this hand. You can be beat if the guy has an Ace. You are basically bluffing and can be easly dominated.

This is not a battle I would want to be in because you are not going to gain THAT much.

I'm out on the flop!
Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

Nick Royale
05-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Without a read I'm not raising the flop.

EDIT: and if you decide to raise the flop you have to bet the turn...

mr pink
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
i probably would have bet the turn after check/raising the flop. give him a chance to fold A high.

Luv2DriveTT
05-14-2005, 12:32 PM
This hand sucks all around.

For starters, I don't like the pre-flop raise from the small blind with KQs in most scenarios. There are more advanced plays where its very smart, but after reading your flop &amp; turn I don't think its time to go into that yet.

Against 4 players I like the flop check. The board is paired, there is a diamond flush draw out there, and you are first to act. But whats the point of the check raise, if it is not going to buy you a free look at the turn? Badly played... excessive chip spewing.

Turn - BET. You just check raised, and then you check the turn? You are a glutton for punishment.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Entity
05-14-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pre-flop raise from the small blind with KQs in most scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? This raise is textbook standard for me (straight out of SSH).

I don't care for the flop checkraise though.

Rob

Luv2DriveTT
05-14-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pre-flop raise from the small blind with KQs in most scenarios.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a serious brain-fart moment when responding to this thread. I was reading and typing KQs, but I was thinking KQo. Raising with KQs from the SB is very wise.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Buckmulligan
05-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I think the flop c/raise is slightly -EV; The problem is, even in the best case scenario, youhave to check the turn into one villain when you miss it.

MisterKing
05-14-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

So the preferred line on this hand would have been raise PF, bet the flop, and if called bet the turn if you think you can fold ace high out, otherwise check-fold?

Entity
05-14-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

So the preferred line on this hand would have been raise PF, bet the flop, and if called bet the turn if you think you can fold ace high out, otherwise check-fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't lead this flop.

MisterKing
05-14-2005, 03:27 PM
ok...you calling one bet?