PDA

View Full Version : not sure about this one

mr pink
05-14-2005, 11:57 AM
previous encounter with villain:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

villain showed down AKo and mhig.

i thought it was strange that he wouldn't 3-bet AKo in that spot. he had taggish stats (19/5.6/3) over 900+ hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

this just felt wrong. my thought at the time was that with the scariest of scare cards coming on the turn combined with my gaybet, it would be hard for him to raise without a hand that had me crushed. i don't know if I could have folded to a raise, but I would have strongly considered it.

comments?

KDawgCometh
05-14-2005, 12:04 PM
I like the line overall. I think that gaybetting here works. If he had the flush or straight one could assume that the villian would raise it right? I think you'd have to reuctantly fld to a raise here. You'd be getting 7-1 on the immeadite call, but could you really expect to be able to cap the pot on the river if you fill up, I'm not so sure of that. Even if you do call the raise, if you don't fill up would you plan on folding then?

mr pink
05-14-2005, 12:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You'd be getting 7-1 on the immeadite call, but could you really expect to be able to cap the pot on the river if you fill up, I'm not so sure of that. Even if you do call the raise, if you don't fill up would you plan on folding then?

[/ QUOTE ]

good questions. i'm not really sure what I'd do if I was raised on the turn. my thought at the time was that probably the worst hand that would raise me on this turn would be AK and i'd pretty much be drawing to my queens or a chop.

edit: i'd probably fold.

CallMeIshmael
05-14-2005, 12:16 PM
I like every street.

And I would have folded to the turn raise.

mr pink
05-14-2005, 12:19 PM
sorry i bailed last night without saying anything, i was gettin smoked there for a while.

my reasoning sound on the turn?

Webster
05-14-2005, 12:19 PM
Hand one is fine although I would have bet the river. I'd be afraid of him checking also.

Hand 2 is also good - I would not be TO afraid of him having a straight. He raised UTG so I think this takes a 10 out of play.

No way would I fold to a raise - you have a boat draw. Although the pot is small. hmmmm

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition (http://www.grinderswarehouse.com)

CallMeIshmael
05-14-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vs an opponent who is passive enough to not 3-bet AKo preflop, I cant seem him raising anything other than a flush or a straight.

On top of that... I could easily see him going call/call with like TT.

I dont think you are raised very often here.

EDIT: I also bet that when he has a straight/flush, and you boat, you get at max 2 bets in on the river. And I cant imagine it being capped unless he has a bigger boat.

KDawgCometh
[ QUOTE ]
sorry i bailed last night without saying anything, i was gettin smoked there for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

definetly, I think its a good case for bet/folding. If you are ahead, you are probably way ahead, if you are behind, then he'll let you know right there

mr pink
given the range of utg raising hands that this guy would open with, it's hard to justify calling the turn raise getting 7:1 when i might be drawing to 2 outs.

Luv2DriveTT
05-14-2005, 12:48 PM
Hand #1 - Why did you play this hand at all? KTo from MP2 sucks. Its a hand that is easily dominated with 5 players left to act after you.

Hand #2 - I would take a different line. Since you are last to act on the flop, I raise for deception, and in hopes of buying a free turn card IF you need it. The raise can be perceived as many dangers by your opponent, the Q comes in very hand in the event a T falls, and you can also be representing a flush draw.

Once you raise the flop, bet the turn and watch your opponent fold 70% of the time without a T.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

mr pink
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand #1 - Why did you play this hand at all? KTo from MP2 sucks. Its a hand that is easily dominated with 5 players left to act after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was running over this table. i hadn't been getting out of line until this point and the table had been respecting my raises. The chances of stealing the blinds were pretty good, limping would be retarded, i felt like folding was wrong, so i raised.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #2 - I would take a different line. Since you are last to act on the flop, I raise for deception, and in hopes of buying a free turn card IF you need it. The raise can be perceived as many dangers by your opponent, the Q comes in very hand in the event a T falls, and you can also be representing a flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd planned on raising if the button had called... but since it was HU, I kind of looked at it like a WA/WB situation. how am i supposed to get a free card on the turn by check/raising the flop? I also think you're underestimating how often that check/raise gets 3-bet here.