PDA

View Full Version : I have seen the light...

networkman
05-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Hmmmmm, where do I start...

About 3 weeks ago I finally setup a "poker area".

I was playing on my 1024x768 wireless laptop, usually sitting in front of the TV with the wife and alot of other distractions. Despite all that I did ok, 3 tabling 10's, 20's and 30's for an hour or 2 per night.

Holidays are coming up soon and I thought setting up a proper poker area would be very +$ EV. I setup a machine with dual monitors (one of em 1600x1200) and thought I would "dip my toe" into 4 tabling the 5's. Well, I changed my mind and figured I'd play the 5 buck mini steps instead. My reasoning was (probably flawed but WTF) I needed to get used to more tables and just playing tight my 6 buck entries could keep me going for ages, or, at least until I was used to 4 tables.

It's been over 3 weeks now, out of my original 4 buyins I've got 2 step 3 freerolls, I'm busted out of one and I've been bouncing around step 1 and 2 every day on my other one.

This morning I fired up that bloody step 1 yet again, as I was playing I started thinking about all the games I've played and all the profit I could've had if they were cash games.

All of a sudden we were 6 handed (6th gets 4 bucks, 2nd-5th get a replay, 1st gets mini step 2) blinds are 25/50, one limper to me on the button with 99. Flop comes T 7 2 rainbow, limper bets pot.

I KNEW he had a ten, I pushed he called.....

I'm FREE at last!!!!

Thank you for your time /images/graemlins/tongue.gif