PDA

View Full Version : Prima 1/2NL flopped bottom 2

the 9
05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
I am playing loose/pass pf and tight/agg postflop with $310
Villain 1 is loose pf and weak CS postflop has $150
Villain 2 also seems to be very loose but only been playing a few rounds has $140
Button is unknown with $200
I am BB ($2) with 56 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Villain 1 UTG+2 limps
Villain 2 CO raises to $8
button calls, I call, Villain 1 calls.

Flop
5/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I lead for $18 into $33 pot - Villain 1 calls, as does Villain 2, button folds.

Turn
J/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $54 into $87 pot, both call.
Hmmm, they don't have much left now ($72 and $60) so I'm thinking if Villain 1 had a set he would have moved with the 2 spades out there, and as Villain 2 has just called half his stack I'm not sure how good/bad he really is.

River
2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet their last $75...

I'm not sure how in or out of line my play is at $1/2 any more as I tend to jump around limits depending on how I'm feeling + bankroll constraints (1/2 being the lower end).
The downside of course is that I am constantly needing to adjust and adapt my looseness and aggression to the table and limit.

So, Is this standard? Too loose/aggro? Good? Anyone care? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks

DJ Sensei
05-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I think its a good line. From the way it panned out, looks like the first villain might have something like KQ or QJ, second villain almost certainly has a high flush draw. Its very doubtful after the way the turn played out that either of them has you beat, so the river bet is correct. I dont think the villains played this well at all, no matter what cards they have.
I'm curious about what they had, and assume you won the hand, unless villain 1 had QJ and was unwisely slowplaying it.

the 9
05-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the reply, will post the results after this bump

Just wondering if anyone else had any comments, or is this just a boring hand?

thanks

nebben
05-14-2005, 08:36 PM
I like your line too, good thought behind it.

pk Wools
05-14-2005, 08:37 PM
seems good you might be against AQ or overpair

ps: love the suited connecters that flop well

ryanghall
05-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Since another person raised and there's a decent number of opponents in this pot, I like going for a check-raise on the flop here. That way you can take the pot down quickly with your very vulnerable hand, or possibly catch a sucker with AQ.

Ryan

pk Wools
05-14-2005, 08:40 PM
suppose opponent has AsJs, and you give a free draw?

i think leading out is correct

the 9
05-14-2005, 09:29 PM
thanks for the replies - I think DJ Sensei has pretty much nailed what I was thinking. I was trying to pot commit both of them while they were still drawing, although I still didn't really feel comfortable betting the river. After they both called the turn I think a lot of one pair hands will check behind on the river if I check but will call an all in.

Results were -

Villain 1 called the river with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Villain 2 folded for their last $60 (?)

The problem I have with my style of being so aggro postflop (esp at $1/2) is that I'm almost committing myself to calling even if a spade hits the river. Obviously the upside being that pots are a lot larger then they should be vs weak opponents like the villains in this hand.