PDA

View Full Version : samsung21.3 for$569from newegg well worth it over a$475 2001fp

jeffs
05-14-2005, 07:45 AM
a reminder on the best 4 tabling monitor for the $ at newegg.com

Rick Nebiolo
05-14-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a reminder on the best 4 tabling monitor for the $ at newegg.com

[/ QUOTE ]

I have this as my second monitor and love it. Eventually I hope to replace my eyestrain (and possibly glaucoma) causing CRT with it for a better two monitor setup.

Looking into a hopefully better future, does anybody know if it will fit in that great clamp for four monitors that Inthacup posted in this thread (http://tinyurl.com/85tr3). That would be the ultimate (the Samsung 213T is about 11% bigger than the Dell 2100FP)!

~ Rick

FlashFunk
05-14-2005, 05:31 PM
If you like to play games on your computer as well, the 25ms response time of the samsung isn't gonna work too well for ya.

DoubleB
05-14-2005, 05:36 PM
The Samsung is $549 after $100 rebate now at ZipZoomFly.com with free shipping and no sales tax in WA. Dell charges sales tax here so only a few dollars more for a better monitor. Mine is arriving Tuesday.

Silver
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=232382

Black
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=232383

Rick Nebiolo
05-14-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you like to play games on your computer as well, the 25ms response time of the samsung isn't gonna work too well for ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understood, response time of the Dell 2100FP is I believe 19ms. But I'm an old fart and haven't played computer games since Pac Man and don't plan to /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

DVD movies seem to play fine on the Samsung, given I don't have a decent TV or even a DVD player (except in the computer).

~ Rick

Michael Davis
05-14-2005, 06:18 PM
"DVD movies seem to play fine on the Samsung, given I don't have a decent TV or even a DVD player (except in the computer)."

Pathetic. Where are you playing tonight?

-Michael

Rick Nebiolo
05-14-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"DVD movies seem to play fine on the Samsung, given I don't have a decent TV or even a DVD player (except in the computer)."

Pathetic. Where are you playing tonight?

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

What is pathetic about having a lousy $180 25" TV (and no cable) since I don't think I've averaged watching more than a hour a week for the last two years? My music systems (in the bedroom, living room, and computer room) kick ass and I listen to music about 30 hours per week. I put my bucks were the bang is, so to speak.

Anyway, sort of have a new schedule and Saturday is now a social night while Friday is a long play day and night. Saturday daytime is also an online poker day - games seem to seems to be good during the afternoon based on a fairly small sample size.

Might play Live@Bike next Saturday night (or E might play instead while I hang in the 20/40 stud/8 or the 20/40 holdem). Could be a 2+2 fest with some of the players who participate in the threads (e.g., Russ McGinley (sp?)) in town. You should come and get your ass kicked again /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Got to go out for an hour or two and get some late afternoon sun (the best kind) and exercise. Do you ever do that or are you a 99% online poker caveman?

~ Rick