PDA

View Full Version : Picked up a double Belly Buster...how's the turn bet?

Bigdaddydvo
05-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Most players at this table are loose-weak.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls.

River: (13.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, Button folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Klepton
05-14-2005, 06:40 AM
perfectly played, very nice check on the flop and great bet on the turn

brazilio
05-14-2005, 06:41 AM
Should you just check with 8 most likely solid outs? OOP I don't really like checking that turn even though I imagine we have zero fold equity, but I really wouldn't like trips to raise me if I'm drawing to only 8. That's pretty dependent on the flop play, I guess.

Nick Royale
05-14-2005, 06:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
how's the turn bet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pretty bad IMO. You have no folding equity, it ain't for value and you risk getting raised by a T.

Nick Royale
05-14-2005, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should you just check with 8 most likely solid outs? OOP I don't really like checking that turn even though I imagine we have zero fold equity, but I really wouldn't like trips to raise me if I'm drawing to only 8. That's pretty dependent on the flop play, I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]
I want to hear an argument for betting the turn. All I can see is downsides. Why even consider betting?

imported_leader
05-14-2005, 06:53 AM
I don't see the point of the turn bet. It's not really for value and if it was why wouldn't you C/R. Loose players are folding here either.

JihadOnTheRiver
05-14-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I want to hear an argument for betting the turn. All I can see is downsides. Why even consider betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't all your books say to check when you pick up a decent draw in this situation?

I check this turn. WTF are you going to do if you get CR'd or R'd at all on this turn? You're most likely dead in that case. So I check. And as passive/gay as it sounds, I go ahead and just call that river if somebody bets into me. Send it...

-Durka

Bigdaddydvo
05-14-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone for cleaning up my dubious overcard outs?

brazilio
05-14-2005, 07:03 AM
Edit time ran out, but I meant to say shouldn't, not should. I don't like OOP checking the turn on general principle just because betting is rad, but I can't see any real reason for betting here.

Nick Royale
05-14-2005, 07:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You want your bet to get raised? I don't think you want that, then you might even be drawing dead. And your overcard out will not be less cleaned if you let the flop aggressor bet the turn too. Sure he might check but we like a freecard here. Also, buying out on the turn isn't often worth it.

cmwck
05-14-2005, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does offering your opponents 11:1 with a turn bet clean any outs? Anyone with an ace or an OESD will call, and you can't be reverse dominated with this board.

thejameser
05-14-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't like the reads given. Not that it matters to me alot in this situation, unless MP3 is completely fishified. Check the turn, slight chance of getting a free card(very slight considering MP3, flop bettor is behind you) but this also avoids a turn raise by MP3. I try to draw to this hand as cheaply as possible. If I hit the straight, c/r; picking up the J I ch/c.