PDA

View Full Version : KK on a paired board

Ivanapolis
05-14-2005, 04:50 AM
I have played only 4 games against UTG - therefore no reads:

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, UTG calls.

River: (12.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

What do you think about the turn-reraise and what about the free showdown?

Nick Royale
05-14-2005, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't 3-bet the turn.

adsman
05-14-2005, 05:17 AM
Were you reraising because you thought UTG's checkraise was full of shiit, or were you reraising to knock out MP2? If you were reraising to knock out MP2 then I don't mind it. But if you were reraising because you didn't believe him then I would have bet the river for value. I think that he had a Queen and put you on AK.

thesharpie
05-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Just call down, bad boy. It doesn't look like an UTGer would play a 2 but don't rule out anything at .50/1 Party. He could also be popping you with his flopped set or what not. You also don't mind keeping MP2 in the hand, hope he overcalls.

adsman
05-14-2005, 06:01 AM
I miss-read the board, (tired, no excuse, blah, blah blah.) I didn't see the double pair with the Q. Take the free showdown for sure.

MrEngenic
05-14-2005, 06:01 AM
What do you think he checkraises the turn with? This time you got a free showdown because of the Q on the river and he is afraid of you having AQ. If he had a 2 and was a good player he would just cap the turn and bet the river so 3-betting would be a very expensive free showdown.
Just call down the checkraise. You can be beat already, you don't have to get rid of MP2 at all costs.

Ivanapolis
05-14-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the answers!
Yeah, to call down seems to be correct here, course a 2 was very likely (he didn't have it). I was hoping for a weak call from the MP2 or bust him out on the turn (both things were fine). I planed to fold, if the UTG would have capped it - who knows if I really would have done it, course perhaps he also may have capped it with X/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif or something on the turn...