PDA

View Full Version : Help with heads-up in SNGs

Dragonith
05-14-2005, 04:26 AM
I multitable SNGs from $20-$50 4 at a time. I find myself losing a disproportionate amount of heads-up matches even when I start out about even with my opponent or as the chipleader, I believe it is because I am not able to focus on the headsup match so I lose alot of my smaller edges. Is there anyway to compensate for this thru deviating from optimal heads up strategy? Or if you have any advice in general on headsup in SNGs it would be very welcome. Thanks.

Benholio
05-14-2005, 04:48 AM
When you are the SB, push. When your opponent completes the SB, push. Basically just push a lot. People fold their chips away when they get heads-up, so you have to exploit them.

Maulik
05-14-2005, 04:56 AM
take a few seconds to make it appear you are 'thinking' if you are pushing constantly (which you should be).

Dragonith
05-14-2005, 05:03 AM
even before the blinds have gotten really large i should be pushing alot?

lehighguy
05-14-2005, 05:42 AM
If you are HU and either of your stacks is 5xBB then it becomes profitable to push all-in with any two cards (even 32o) if you assume your opponet will only call with: 22+,A2+,K2+,Q9+. Even if your opponet gets looser you can see the value of pushing in msot situations.

The only part of HU I find diffucult is if blinds are still 150/300 or less and we have equal stacks. Here I like to raise alot on the button. If my opponet is dumb enough to call I bet the flop and they fold often. I even dumb a shitty ass hand once in awhile to give myself a slight bit more credibility.

If your opponent is smart enough to push alot then defend with alot more hands.

Note: This advice is for the 50s and 100s.

gh9801
05-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Autopush