PDA

View Full Version : Does The Abyss get better?

Blarg
05-14-2005, 04:24 AM
Rented it from Netflix and started watching it last night. The writing is so bad, the relationships and dialogue so cliched and paint-by-numbers, that the first hour has had me gritting my teeth and rolling my eyes. Finally I got so bored watching it that I fell asleep.

Does it get any better after the first hour? This is a long ass movie, and I'm real hesitant over whether I should give it another chance or just give up on it and watch The Talented Mr. Ripley or Jackie Chan's Supercop.

bennyk
05-14-2005, 04:26 AM
yes, but not by a whole lot.

i thought it was ok but it didn't change my life.

bk

dogsballs
05-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I liked it ok, but the very ending was just goddawful.

Blarg
05-14-2005, 04:50 PM
I finished it off, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The ending was better than the beginning, but the beginning was so awful that it couldn't help but be better than that. Ed what's his face even got to do some okay acting, but it was so completely wasted on such a lame script.

The ending set-up was completely lame too. There was no reason to go disarm the bomb right at that very moment anyway. They could have just gotten a sub to do it later, or whatever.

Slacker13
05-14-2005, 05:02 PM
Just fast forward to the topless scene and call it a day.

Blarg
05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
This movie makes me want to see Titanic even less, if that's possible.

CardSharpCook
05-14-2005, 06:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just fast forward to the topless scene and call it a day.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no topless scene in the abyss

AceHigh
05-14-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is, they rip off the Mary Mastriotomio (sp?) shirt to give her CPR.

x2ski
05-14-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is, they rip off the Mary Mastriotomio (sp?) shirt to give her CPR.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

Blarg
05-14-2005, 08:54 PM
All I saw was sternum though. No nips, not even any real boobage to speak of. Just enough to make the scene believable, but not sexy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif And I saw the extended version. :P

x2ski
05-15-2005, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All I saw was sternum though. No nips, not even any real boobage to speak of. Just enough to make the scene believable, but not sexy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif And I saw the extended version. :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you only catch nip in widescreen version?

I saw it in the theater when I was like 13 or 14, so I defintely remember nipplage.