PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, doesn't get much worse for QQ

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-14-2005, 04:15 AM
Villain is 38/11/2.2 and I figure he's probably betting if checked to on the turn. As for the river well...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.66 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.33 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.33 BB

-Craig

JoshuaD
05-14-2005, 04:46 AM
How loose is villian post flop? Would he call the flop here with a J or a T?

If not, I check/fold the turn. If he will I bet/fold the turn, and check/call the river.

I wouldn't check the turn and then call down.

shant
05-14-2005, 05:49 AM
I check/fold this river at 3/6.

imported_leader
05-14-2005, 06:00 AM
Check/call doesn't make any sense on the turn. If you're going to check you should fold. If you feel this guy is calling anything on the flop, bet/fold.

shant
05-14-2005, 06:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/call doesn't make any sense on the turn. If you're going to check you should fold. If you feel this guy is calling anything on the flop, bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
He has a gutshot tbough.

brazilio
05-14-2005, 07:06 AM
6 good outs on a very small pot, I don't know if I call that turn, I've given up on pots like this before right then.

imported_leader
05-14-2005, 07:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
He has a gutshot tbough.

[/ QUOTE ]I've changed my mind. I think check/fold is the best option on the turn. The pot is small, and we are likely behind most of the type. The telling thing however is that neither of the other lines work at all. bet fold gets us nowhere because we have to call the bet if he raises because we have inflated the pot and have implied odds on the river. Check/call doesn't work because we are getting 5-1 on the call, which isn't even close to enough with a pair and a gut shot. In addition, this guy isn't the passive type fish. 2.2 AF indicates he not just randomly calling down with [censored] and against three of his possible holdings KQ, KJ, KT we are drawing dead or very thin.

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-14-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check/fold this river at 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

This I think you might be right about. I thought about it a while before calling, but he was fairly agressive and I wasn't good enough to fold.

-Craig

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-14-2005, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check/call doesn't make any sense on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he is aggressive checking might induce a bluff. He's probably only calling with a better hand besides a jack but being somewhat laggish he might bet a lot of the time when checked to.

-Craig