PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Incredible

theBruiser500
05-14-2005, 04:15 AM
"The three Matrices are, combined, the greatest intellectual/artistic work of the film era.

If you don't agree, you don't understand."

This is what a smart friend of mine says in earnest, a junior in college philosophy major. Unbelievable. Man, I thought this guy was cool but just went to his website and found that in his Quote of the Week he quotes himself, in this patently unfunny quote:

"I'm pretty sure that's not allowed."
- Me, to a certain perpetrating crone, upon walking through CVS and seeing the dirty old man reading the tabloids without a shirt on.

And on top of that, on this little Umass poker forum that is kind of sucky where most people have like 100, or 150 posts and the top posters have 400 posts this guy has 1600 posts. I will try to find his email adress and hopefully you guys can all send him an email with some good insults in it. In the meantime feel free to go to www.umasspoker.com (http://www.umasspoker.com) and insult him there, user "drudman".

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-14-2005, 04:19 AM
Is this going to be the next MySpace?

Sounds like your freind would fit in well there.

He also sounds like a tool.

-Craig

The Yugoslavian
05-14-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The three Matrices are, combined, the greatest intellectual/artistic work of the film era.

If you don't agree, you don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This is what a smart friend of mine says in earnest, a junior in college philosophy major.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel sorry for his Philosophy department.

Yugoslav

theBruiser500
05-14-2005, 04:22 AM
Actually let me change something, I THOUGHT HE WAS SMART, maybe he isn't though, I don't see how being smart is consistent with any of the things mentioned in this thread about him.

Lazymeatball
05-14-2005, 04:25 AM
I also found that statement to be pretty odd. In fairness I've tried to watch the first Matrix a couple times and got bored so i can't really give a full evaluation of that movie or any other in the series, but I find it hard to belive any great philisophical achievement could be accomplished starring Keanu Reeves. Philosophy is pretty overrated anyway.

ethan
05-14-2005, 04:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I will try to find his email adress

[/ QUOTE ]

...it's on the front of his webpage, linked from his user profile on the umasspoker site.

So, who's Rahndaaay?
http://www.umasspoker.com/ashrand.jpg

theBruiser500
05-14-2005, 04:31 AM
drudman@student.umass.edu

Thanks, (Randy is my friend).

KaneKungFu123
05-14-2005, 04:34 AM
what are some of the movies you view as the most intellectual/artistic?

just curious.

Dr. Strangelove
05-14-2005, 06:49 AM
Bruiser, you are a funny guy.

BusterStacks
05-14-2005, 06:57 AM
I really doubt you understand the significant philosphical undertones in The Matrix. Perhaps he was right and you are just a gimp? Well, even if he was not right, you still are a gimp. Taken at face value, The Matrix is simply a creative action flick. In reality, there is a lot more to the story and cinematography than most realize. I suggest you look into it.

uw_madtown
05-14-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really doubt you understand the significant philosphical undertones in The Matrix. Perhaps he was right and you are just a gimp? Well, even if he was not right, you still are a gimp. Taken at face value, The Matrix is simply a creative action flick. In reality, there is a lot more to the story and cinematography than most realize. I suggest you look into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I once thought this too. I was wrong. Especially when you work in the sequels, which were total schlock. Not surprising, when you realize that the Wachowskis didn't even write the first one...

Yeti
05-14-2005, 08:21 AM
Ugh. When I saw this thread title I thought you'd got a shag.

Step away from the computer bruiser...

xorbie
05-14-2005, 09:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. When I saw this thread title I thought you'd got a shag.

Step away from the computer bruiser...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've opened this twice and I thought the same thing both times.

Short term memory = non-existent.

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bruiser, you are a funny guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just recently beginning to think so. I used to just think he was an ass, but he's been posting some funny stuff lately. I'm pretty sure he has be blocked, however...not that I blame him. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ttleistdci
05-14-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I thought this guy was cool but just went to his website and found that in his Quote of the Week he quotes himself, in this patently unfunny quote:

"I'm pretty sure that's not allowed."
- Me, to a certain perpetrating crone, upon walking through CVS and seeing the dirty old man reading the tabloids without a shirt on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who quotes themselves is a tool.

theBruiser500
05-14-2005, 02:04 PM
"I'm pretty sure he has be blocked, however...not that I blame him. "

What?

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had me blocked...When did you unblock me?

tbach24
05-14-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you had me blocked...When did you unblock me?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who has you blocked is missing a good portion of the comedy in OOT.

tbach24
05-14-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will try to find his email adress

[/ QUOTE ]

...it's on the front of his webpage, linked from his user profile on the umasspoker site.

So, who's Rahndaaay?
http://www.umasspoker.com/ashrand.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololol

BretWeir
05-14-2005, 02:46 PM
Plus, a man can't be a "crone". Your friend is an ass.

theBruiser500
05-14-2005, 02:50 PM
no jake i've never blocked you

Popinjay
05-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Plagiarism Bros.

first one was good but not by their merit

KungFuSandwich
05-14-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure he can, if hes an asian that is an identical DNA copy of another man.

tbach24
05-14-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure he can, if hes an asian that is an identical DNA copy of another man.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol

KungFuSandwich
05-14-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bullshit. The first matrix was good but not amazing. You dont have to be all that smart to get it. Its just the people that took a while to get it that act like its amazing. The second two blow goats. Hey morpheous, good plan using that sword. Since you cant shoot them with a gun, Im sure youll be able to beat them with a sword.

I know KungFu!

Keanu couldnt act his way out of a paper bag.

bort411
05-14-2005, 03:48 PM
From what I recall in my film class, The Matrix borrows heavily from the Bible, "Alice in Wonderland", "The Wizard of Oz", and several eastern schools of philosophy. I believe one can go through and identify each "intellectual/artistic" element of this movie and cite its direct source. I'm not sure that borderline plagarism qualifies as art.

Also, the dialogue is just atrocious: "Buckle your seatbelt, cause Kansas is going bye-bye." Makes me cringe every time i hear it.

Popinjay
05-14-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I recall in my film class, The Matrix borrows heavily from the Bible, "Alice in Wonderland", "The Wizard of Oz", and several eastern schools of philosophy. I believe one can go through and identify each "intellectual/artistic" element of this movie and cite its direct source. I'm not sure that borderline plagarism qualifies as art.

Also, the dialogue is just atrocious: "Buckle your seatbelt, cause Kansas is going bye-bye." Makes me cringe every time i hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not borderline plagiarism (http://www.poormojo.org/pmjadaily/archives/002005.html)

jakethebake
05-14-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no jake i've never blocked you

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. you're just too mature to respond to any of the crap i send your way sometimes.

drudman
05-14-2005, 06:18 PM
You're just trying to redeem yourself after Daryn and I totally ripped your "vegetarian" rhetoric to shreds.

Here's a good read:
http://wylfing.net/essays/index.html

Phoenix1010
05-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Are there any credible news sources supporting this story?

Popinjay
05-14-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there any credible news sources supporting this story?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea it's definitely true. I didn't believe when someone first showed it to me so I searched for other sources as well and found them. Too busy right now to look for them. The one I found was the first google hit