PDA

View Full Version : HH sharing - business venture thought.......

bluefeet
05-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Sorry for starting a new thread, but I didn't want to bury this in the original on the off chance someone with the talent and resources might see an opportunity:

What if someone created a web-based data store service? Simply a common location where people could store and retrieve HH for the purpose of sharing it with others?

Purge rules limiting the number of 'posts' per user, age of a post, etc. I think, would keep the relatively small text files from becoming too massive in number.

Perhaps with input info, the developer could list by poker site, buy-in, 'experience' level, etc. Maybe even a way for HH posters to establish a relationship via the site (of course, just including contact info would do).

With a user ID and password, the poster would have control over releasing HH.

Kind of a MatchMaker for joint-mentor seeking players. Allow users to search matches on aspects of the HH that they feel are best suited for them.

With the apparent interest in sharing HH, It's quite possible that poker related advertising revenue could make this solvent.

What do you think?

uphigh_downlow
05-14-2005, 04:00 AM
I actually have written a database application that parses the hand histores and strores them in such a format for myelfin Microsoft Access. It only works with Single trny party histories. I just add notes to each tourny in certain categories (which I dont want to divulge here) and I can search for them using the application and automatically replay them, when I think I need a refresher course in things to DO, and not to DO.

But regardless, the right question to ask is,
WHat is the business model for a venture like that?

So let me start by adding a few questions to your post.

Would you pay to have your hands history at some place like this.
Would you feel comfortable sharing such information and trusting this site with the info.
Would you actually pay to have your hand-history evaluated?
Would you evaluate a hand-history for money?
Would you pay to have a software that can store your hand histories with search and replay features. And an up;load to server and share with "X" feature?

Personally I doubt that many people would pay for this. So the money to sustain a project like this might have to come from somewhere else?

Where could that be?