PDA

View Full Version : AK misses in big pot

vipchump
05-14-2005, 02:49 AM
The Villian in this hand is your usual friday night maniac. Button is a TAG who I was happy to see fold on the turn. Call down appropriate in this big pot?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (13 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15 BB

einbert
05-14-2005, 03:00 AM
I don't know if I like the flop bet. Even if villian raises most of the time (which he should) you are giving people about 10-1 to stick around. Any reasonable draw to overcards and straight(s) is going to stick around, and you're going to make the pot very large this way. Checking and calling is a reasonable alternative I believe.

The turn and river both play themselves. HU against a maniac, folding in this giant pot would be horrible.

shant
05-14-2005, 06:02 AM
I really dont understand the flop bet. I would do this:

Check/call. Then. Check/fold. the turn.