PDA

View Full Version : The Arnold Schwarzenegger approach (a little long w/ hand help)

fireman664
05-14-2005, 01:58 AM
stick with me for a sec.

Since I am a wanna be muscle head, I know a little bit about AHNOLD. One thing I really like that he did was, when he first came to America for bodybuilding, he "thought" he had really small legs. He was actually very self conscious about them.

When he commited himself to winning Mr. O, he knew he would have ot overcome this. He then proceeded to cut off all of his pants, to show his calves. Purposly embarassing himself by showing his weakness ALL THE TIME, TO EVERYONE.

Using this psychology, I am going to start posting my weakest, most embarrassing plays from my session. Feel free to laugh, point, boo and hiss (this isnt the zoo though, so dont get carried away)...but also feel free to help out with some advice.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (9.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
so weak

GO ON....GIVE IT TO ME!!!

Hand #2

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Missed some extra bets huh!!

thats all for now.....LET ME HAVE IT (as I curl up in the fetal position of self defense)

Rizz

mr pink
05-14-2005, 02:04 AM
the converter is your friend

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, session)UTG calls, (2)MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (8.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

hand 2 doesn't work.

fireman664
05-14-2005, 02:06 AM
I have been posting here for like 2 years....and I just now found this!!! Im a moron...

but I fixed it...thanks

Harv72b
05-14-2005, 02:46 AM
I like the way you played preflop on hand 1.

You did well on the river in hand 2.

Bob T.
05-14-2005, 03:01 AM
hand 1 preflop is ok.

On the flop, you have to figure out how to get some more money in there, and also probably maybe try and clean up your outs, but that is secondary. The preflop raiser is in LP, so if you check, and he bets, then your checkraise will face everyone with two bets cold. That isn't all bad. If the preflop raiser hand AK, and you eliminated everyone on the flop, you could represent the jack, and probably win the pot with a turn bet.

Or, you could get a bunch of callers, and you would be getting value for your flush/overcard draw.

The other approach is to bet out, hope that you get raised by LP, and try and get a whole bunch of bets in the pot on the installment plan. Either one is OK, but you just have to have a feel for what will work best on this table.

On the other hand, your approach did get third place ahead of check/folding /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Obviously, the turn and river play differently if you had been more aggressive on the flop, but given your passivity, I don't mind that you tried to checkraise on the river. It might have been the right play, but it just didn't work out here.

On hand two, you slowplayed the flop, and tried to get an overcaller, that is ok.

On the turn however, I think you should raise. Anyone with one spade might call, hoping to make a flush on the river, and as you found out, if a spade comes on the river, anyone without a spade, is not going to give you much action.

I think if you just made it a rule to never slowplay a flush or straight past the turn, you wouldn't be making a big mistake.

(as I curl up in the fetal position of self defense)

Actually, this seems to be your problem. Find a more aggressive self defense position, and maybe play a little more aggressive poker at the same time /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

shant
05-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Hand 1: Raise the flop

Hand 2: Raise the turn

Hand 3: I'm drunk

JoshuaD
05-14-2005, 07:33 AM
Hand 1 I bet out on the flop. You've got a very nice equity edge this hand as long as it's not HU, you want to tie some of those guys between you and the likely aggressor to the pot. The best way to do this is to bet out on the flop. 3-bet it when it comes back to you if you think 1 or 2 besides the CO will stick around. Otherwise just call.

I bet out the river in hand 1 depending on reads.

Hand 2 I don't mind the turn call, Villian could easily be bet/folding. It'd be nice to collect an overcall from the guy behind you.

fireman664
05-14-2005, 05:36 PM
Had BB at 40% VP$P, and about 70% going to showdown...but not really any reads per say

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls. ???

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

#2 not really sure on this one

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

results in white
<font color="white"> Hero takes pot with QQ vs SB's JJ
whoo hoo

oreogod
05-14-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Had BB at 40% VP$P, and about 70% going to showdown...but not really any reads per say

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls. ???

Turn: (5 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (13.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

results in white
whoo hoo</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1a: call the turn
Hand2a:Dont bet the flop, whenever someone raises preflop and checks the flop u have to be careful, especially at this level, they are hoping to check raise the field most of the time, or they either have AK or AQ and are afraid to bet or are getting tricky with JJ-AA.

As far as the hand u have 3 clean to a gutshot, but even if u discount everything u still have odds to call the turn bet (at least I think so)...but even if u hit any of your overcards u could be dominated and there may also be a flush draw u have to avoid out there.

fireman664
05-15-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, Hero checks.

results in white
whoo hoo</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand 1a: call the turn
Hand2a:Dont bet the flop, whenever someone raises preflop and checks the flop u have to be careful, especially at this level, they are hoping to check raise the field most of the time, or they either have AK or AQ and are afraid to bet or are getting tricky with JJ-AA.

As far as the hand u have 3 clean to a gutshot, but even if u discount everything u still have odds to call the turn bet (at least I think so)...but even if u hit any of your overcards u could be dominated and there may also be a flush draw u have to avoid out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thinking on hand # 2 (betting the flop) was to protect my 2 overcards as outs, assuming the preflop raiser would raise me and knock players out....Is this not correct?