PDA

View Full Version : Another push question.

Eihli
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
Blinds 200/400. 120 left. 90 pay. 10 pay well. Average stack is 6.5k. I have 2.8k. Guy on my right had 2.4k, went all-in 2 hands in a row and is up to 3.6k. 3rd hand he is UTG+2 and raises to 1k. I have 88.

CardSharpCook
05-14-2005, 02:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 200/400. 120 left. 90 pay. 10 pay well. Average stack is 6.5k. I have 2.8k. Guy on my right had 2.4k, went all-in 2 hands in a row and is up to 3.6k. 3rd hand he is UTG+2 and raises to 1k. I have 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

PUNISH HIM!!!

He'll call and outdraw you, but it is the right thing to do.

CSC

Superfluous Man
05-14-2005, 04:47 AM
These "quarter-to-half-stack" raises generally scream to me "I want to play this hand for my whole stack, but I'm afraid I won't get any action if I jam." Maybe I'm just seeing monsters under the bed here, as this guy has just jammed twice in a row.

I probably ignore those "he's got a monster, watch out" voices in my head and jam here, because you really need to double up, and a coinflip is certainly good enough for me. It's double up or go home time, and 88 is enough hand with which to gambool.

bugstud
05-14-2005, 04:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
These "quarter-to-half-stack" raises generally scream to me "I want to play this hand for my whole stack, but I'm afraid I won't get any action if I jam." Maybe I'm just seeing monsters under the bed here, as this guy has just jammed twice in a row.

I probably ignore those "he's got a monster, watch out" voices in my head and jam here, because you really need to double up, and a coinflip is certainly good enough for me. It's double up or go home time, and 88 is enough hand with which to gambool.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I push and suckout on KK or something. I'm entirely too aggro here.