PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical turn desicision

JoshuaD
05-14-2005, 12:57 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (2.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>....

What're you doing if someone raises? This is readless.

Entity
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What're you doing if someone raises?

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding.

tadams
05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
It depends on where the raise comes from for me. If the CO raises, I am more likely to fold because he could be slow playing a 3. It's possible that someone else is slow-playing a K, but they could just be raising a 98.

Stack
05-14-2005, 01:18 AM
The fold to a raise is clear. What is not clear is if you should still bet the river if you get two callers or more.

JoshuaD
05-14-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fold to a raise is clear. What is not clear is if you should still bet the river if you get two callers or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like an easy value bet. There are two flush draws out there, and some weaker 8's. Those flush draws might decide to call down with A high.

GoblinMason (Craig)
05-14-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy value bet. There are two flush draws out there, and some weaker 8's. Those flush draws might decide to call down with A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're splitting with the weaker 8s anyway, and I don't know how many calls you're going to get from Ahigh in such a small pot.

Checking may make you look weak and induce bluffs.

Also, I'm definitely folding to a turn raise here with such a small pot.

-Craig

Stack
05-14-2005, 02:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're splitting with the weaker 8s anyway, and I don't know how many calls you're going to get from Ahigh in such a small pot.

Checking may make you look weak and induce bluffs.

Also, I'm definitely folding to a turn raise here with such a small pot.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Even when we do induce the bluff, I would call the river only when I am the first caller. If there is a bet and a call, I don't like my hand too much for this medium sized pot.

But we are straying from the main question.

KDawgCometh
05-14-2005, 03:08 AM
easy fold if raised. If HU on teh river then a bet/fold would be solid. if its three way on the river, I'd think aobut check calling