PDA

View Full Version : AleoMagus Spreadsheet v2.3h

Slim Pickens
05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
Here is the link to the latest version of the AleoMagus Spreadsheet. This newest version contains no new necessary fixes, so current uses shouldn't feel the need to upgrade if you don't feel like it. I made the overall graph look more like Hood's SNG Tracker and fixed some "below the line" stuff. Please post or PM me any problems you have.

Slim

zip file (3.0 MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.3h.zip)

root poker directory (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/)

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 12:59 AM
I just wish it worked with manually entered SNGs =\

fiyah
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
How do you use the import from PT functionality?

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I can't get it to work, because some of my SNGs don't have tournament summaries & are manualy entered.

astarck
05-14-2005, 02:02 AM
I was having trouble getting it to work manually as well. My problem was I was trying to enter the tourney time as "E" for "Evening", or "M" for "Morning", etc. I then realized the time column had changed to the actual start time vs time blocks. Wouldn't you be able to enter the sngs manually, and just estimate the start time/duration (eg 45 mins/sng)?

*EDIT* - Finally did find the tourney summaries and changed it. Sorry my post was meaningless.

astarck
05-14-2005, 02:06 AM
Also, I like the changes to the graph. It makes the overall profit MUCH easier to see.

AleoMagus
05-14-2005, 02:38 AM
People are really still using this? And yet it sounds as if you are aware of the SNG tracker. I'm confused /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards
Brad S

astarck
05-14-2005, 09:50 AM
I love the spreadsheet. Much more so than the SNG tracker. I've always considered myself fairly knowledgable with computers/software, yet I couldn't even get the SNG tracker to work with my database.

Plus, I love the ability to manipulate certain cells/add minor features as I wish.

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 11:13 AM
Agreed. I was saying that AM doesn't work with SNGs that I have already manualy been entered in PT. I don't mind going through and manualy entering those, however, was just pointing it out.

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 11:16 AM
Another question, why is the SNG profit number for the 22s or 11s by default -11 or -22. How do I fix this if I haven't played at the 22s.

Slim Pickens
05-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Set the buy-in and vig to zero for all sheets you're not using. That should fix it.

Slim

Slim Pickens
05-14-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
People are really still using this? And yet it sounds as if you are aware of the SNG tracker. I'm confused /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Hood's program was released about a month after I started working with the spreadsheet, so I was already a ways into the project anyway. I tried Hood's program. The first time I imported all my tournaments, it didn't import times, I couldn't figure out how to include O8 tournaments, I couldn't figure out the filters, and a few other things, so I just went back to the spreadsheet. Now that dfscott has written the autoimport macro, the only advantage of Hood's program for me is gone, so I use the one I like best. The two seem equivalent now to me, so I think it's a user-preference decision.

Slim

astarck
05-14-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Hood's program was released about a month after I started working with the spreadsheet, so I was already a ways into the project anyway. I tried Hood's program. The first time I imported all my tournaments, it didn't import times, I couldn't figure out how to include O8 tournaments, I couldn't figure out the filters, and a few other things, so I just went back to the spreadsheet. Now that dfscott has written the autoimport macro, the only advantage of Hood's program for me is gone, so I use the one I like best. The two seem equivalent now to me, so I think it's a user-preference decision.

Slim

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds a lot like my story. And excellent point about the auto-import feature making the spreadsheet and the program essentially the same.

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 05:33 PM
of course..thanks a lot /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tomdemaine
05-14-2005, 09:24 PM
I'm getting #VALUE! for multitable utilisation, #hrs and $/hr can anyone tell me what the problem is?

AA suited
05-14-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aleo wrote:

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

You're alive! thought you dropped off the face of 2+2 forever. As for SNG tracker, I never tried it. the AM spreadsheet does everything i need so no incentive to switch.

um.. so what's the difference between sng tracker and AM spreadsheet? i mean, there has to be some differences, right?

DasLeben
05-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I'll have to try this. I'm currently using SNG Tracker, but it's a bit of a clunky program and doesn't give me some stats I'd like to know. Average finish position, for instance.

AA suited
05-15-2005, 10:29 PM
Is there a way to tell my OTM and ITM streak?

Nick M
05-16-2005, 02:30 AM
damn this puts my homemade excel sheet to shame...it has like so many cool buttons and Sh it.

Slim Pickens
05-17-2005, 08:59 PM
All right then. I'm calling this version the "stable" one*. Download, use, and be merry. After I reappear from two weeks in the Nevada/Utah desert, I'll write up a little FAQ post to summarize all the common problems people have encountered and how to fix them, plus some general use instructions.

Slim

*Stable in that I haven't heard about any new bugs in the last three days%.

% I have not checked my PM's in three days.

dfscott
05-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Sorry, should've PM'ed you sooner. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm working with TruFloridaGator on a bug in the import functionality. I think I have it fixed, so as soon as he signs off on the new version, we can release the "i" version as stable.

BamaGambler
05-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I couldn't find the answer in the read me tab. What does the following mean?

6.12% conf. in $/tourney +/-
$3.00 or, ROI +/- 2.8%

TruFloridaGator
05-19-2005, 12:05 PM
I have 2.3i if anyone wants it until it's posted. Just PM me with your e-mail.

This version now allows for SNGs without tournament summaries(ones manually entered in PT), to be imported through the PT Import feature. dfscott is the man!

pergesu
05-19-2005, 12:11 PM
Any chance of ever being able to import from SNG Tracker?

Also, if I have a bunch of tourneys entered into h, and then want to use an upgraded spreadsheet later on, do I have to enter them all over again? Is there some way to copy them all over some how? I'm sure that's been asked and answered before, and you guys probably know how to do that, I'd just like to make sure.

TruFloridaGator
05-20-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, if I have a bunch of tourneys entered into h, and then want to use an upgraded spreadsheet later on, do I have to enter them all over again? Is there some way to copy them all over some how? I'm sure that's been asked and answered before, and you guys probably know how to do that, I'd just like to make sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

dfscott
05-22-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. The spreadsheet and SnG Tracker are both designed to do the same thing, so if you're using one already, I don't see why you'd use the other. Or are you talking about a migration feature?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the easy way is just to re-import, but I'm guessing you have a bunch of manually entered tournaments, right?

If that's the case, you can just cut-and-paste the entries a sheet at a time. Select from the Date column to the Tournament number column and you should be fine.

Of course, you have to set up the tabs, buy-ins, etc. in order for the calcs to work correctly.

BradleyT
05-22-2005, 05:59 AM
bump for the newbies.

imported_mrfrisco
05-22-2005, 08:30 PM
Will the import feature work with just the hand histories like SNG Tracker or do you have to be using Pokertracker?
I currently use the original version of this spreadsheet and really like it, but would love it if it imported the data. I dont currently use Pokertracker.

dfscott
05-23-2005, 01:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Will the import feature work with just the hand histories like SNG Tracker or do you have to be using Pokertracker?
I currently use the original version of this spreadsheet and really like it, but would love it if it imported the data. I dont currently use Pokertracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, it's PT-only. I didn't want to crowd into the SNG Tracker world by actually writing a hand-history parser (not to mention, it's a b*tch to do for all the different sites).

dfscott
05-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Ok, I've fixed the bug for importing tournaments that were manually entered into PT, so hopefully we now have a stable version (version 2.3i).

Zipped version (2.3MB) (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/SUPER_SNG_w_UI_PT_v2.3i.zip)

And the root poker directory (http://www.mowrmowr.com/poker/) is still the same.

Turk
05-24-2005, 01:55 AM
I enter the data...but it doesn't tally it up, what am I doing wrong?

Turk
05-24-2005, 02:28 AM
It just says -100% ROI]
ITM #DV!

astarck
05-24-2005, 02:46 AM
Is it correct for me to assume that 2.3i has the updated graph that SlimPickens was working on?

pergesu
05-24-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. The spreadsheet and SnG Tracker are both designed to do the same thing, so if you're using one already, I don't see why you'd use the other. Or are you talking about a migration feature?

[/ QUOTE ]
Migration. I've got 650 tourneys in SNG Tracker right now, I'd like to put them in the spreadsheet instead. Don't really want to go through and manually enter them though.

Maybe it's possible to generate tournament summaries from the SNG Tracker database? Just do a batch export and create summary files. Then load them into PT. I don't know if that's possible, and wouldn't be able to do it, it's just an idea.

astarck
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
How hard would it be to include a rakeback option? And maybe in which you enter the % of rakeback and the SNG# you started rakeback with?

For example,

You play 50 SNGs....start rakeback of 26% after SNG 30. I would imagine it could be done with a simple formula, but cool grey boxes might look more professional.

...Just a thought.

TruFloridaGator
05-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Don't think so, it's an PT import update for manual PT entered SNGs.

TruFloridaGator
05-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Good thought

dfscott
05-27-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it correct for me to assume that 2.3i has the updated graph that SlimPickens was working on?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the new one that's in 2.3h, then yes, it's in 2.3i.

dfscott
05-27-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How hard would it be to include a rakeback option? And maybe in which you enter the % of rakeback and the SNG# you started rakeback with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I starting dinking around with this, but the biggest problem is for the people that import from PT. Once you import a hand history from a Party skin into PT, there's no way to tell which specific skin you were logged into when you played that tournament. So if you have X% rakeback at Empire and Y% rakeback at Party and you import a Party skin tourney into the spreadsheet, there's no way to tell how much rakeback you should get from that particular tourney.

xLukex
05-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I downloaded this, and realized I have no flipping idea how to use Excel.

At all.

Someone make a newb guide to using this thing.

PS I use SNG Tracker, so take your time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TruFloridaGator
05-27-2005, 07:18 PM
First question, do you use PT?

TruFloridaGator
05-27-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah, the best possibility could be in the Money tab, just add a rakeback field, or people could just use the "Other" field, however I use that for bonus money right now, so maybe an extra field would be nice, or just 2, one for "bonus" and one for "rakeback".

astarck
05-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I like the idea of having a Bonus box and Rakeback box (since it's apparently not easily done with a simple formula) in addition to the Other box.

What about a column added to the individual sng pages that you type "R" or "Yes" or a checkbox that you recieved rakeback for that sng? Or a column where you manually indicate what site you played at, so rakeback could be tracked?

astarck
05-27-2005, 07:59 PM
I know it wouldn't be hard to look through your affiliate for how much rakeback you generated, but it would really be nice to see how much you have in the spreadsheet.

TruFloridaGator
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Yup, all of that sounds good.

xLukex
05-28-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First question, do you use PT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I click the "Import from PT" button and all this funky crap comes up.

astarck
05-29-2005, 11:52 PM
I was thinking about the spreadsheet today during a set and thought how it would be nice to have a page where my daily profit/tourney info is all on one page. For example:

Daily profit
-------------
Date | T#SNG1 | SNG Profit | T#SNG2 | SNG2 Profit
Jan-01 | 5 | 50.00 | 2 | <font color="red">(20.00)</font>

Also included might be Daily T#...Daily Total Wagered, Daily Profit, Daily ROI???

I realize that all of this information can be found under the black line on each sng tab, but maybe a page devoted to detailed daily breakdowns would be nice. Just more thoughts on how the spreadsheet can be improved.

EDIT - If you can't tell, I'm a HUGE fan of this spreadsheet.

TruFloridaGator
05-30-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm a huge fan too, I don't mind it under the blackline, it's no big deal. I just want to be able to change the + numbers to green so they stand out more. Scrolling through it makes my eyes hurt. Is it possible?

dfscott
05-30-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a huge fan too, I don't mind it under the blackline, it's no big deal. I just want to be able to change the + numbers to green so they stand out more. Scrolling through it makes my eyes hurt. Is it possible?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually pretty easy.

1) Select all the cells you want to show green, red, or whatever.
2) From the main menu, select Format-&gt;Conditional Formatting.
3) Leave the first box at "Cell Value," set the second to "Greater than or equal to", and put "0" (no quotes) in the third box.
4) Click the "Format..." button and on the font tab, choose the color you want.

J-Lo
05-31-2005, 01:16 PM
To anyone who can answer. Is there something wrong with MY spreadsheet? If I mulitply the ROI*buying*# SNGs played, it SHOULD equal the net total. But it is nowhere close to is. Also, the net total below the line, is different from above the line. Do I need to play more SNGs before it is all equal, because i have 975 @ $22 buyin and those number match up. 650 @ $33 and they don't matchup. and only 450@ $55's and those are no where close to checking against each other.

johnd13
05-31-2005, 01:35 PM
If this has been answered elsewhere, I could not find it so a push in the right direction would be appreciated....

Can you add additional worksheets to the spreadsheet? For example, some sites such as PS or Bodog have turbos that I ocassionally play (or even 6 person SnG's). SO if I could add a couple of worksheets for these above and beyond the 5 now in use that'd be gtreat.

Thanks in advance...

dfscott
05-31-2005, 05:16 PM
The Net Totals above and below should match up. Try hitting F9 -- I think autorecalculation was turned off by mistake on the latest version.

dfscott
05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Yes, you could, but you'd have to make changes to the Overall, Year, and Money tabs to get them to add in. Not terribly difficult if you're familiar with Excel, but definitely not trivial.

astarck
05-31-2005, 06:06 PM
I've been working on a Daily Summary page (similar to what was outlined in my previous post) for my own personal use that seems to be working pretty well. If anyone with more Excel knowledge would like to look at it to make any corrections, or if anyone would simply like it now, just PM me.

Note: I made all of these edits before I switched to 2.3i, so this page works with version 2.3h. If the cell numbers havent changed, then it should work with 2.3i as well.

dfscott
05-31-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Note: I made all of these edits before I switched to 2.3i, so this page works with version 2.3h. If the cell numbers havent changed, then it should work with 2.3i as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be fine.

bearly
06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
hi, something weird happened w/ the version of the spread sheet i'm using. entered some new hands, stopped. opened the sheet today to continue. the hands i entered were gone , and the spreadsheet was filled w/ games (at every level---i don't even play at the higher levels) entered on dec-8.........closed the sheet and reopened.........differet set of hands, now entered jan 7. never played any of these. slim, was going to pm you but thought others might have some questions. (slim, or any others that have worked so hard on this project) when i try to reach 3.0, all i get is 'this page is not available' on some commercial looking forum. am very puzzled.....help from wherever it comes..and thanks in advance...h

dfscott
06-05-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hi, something weird happened w/ the version of the spread sheet i'm using. entered some new hands, stopped. opened the sheet today to continue. the hands i entered were gone , and the spreadsheet was filled w/ games (at every level---i don't even play at the higher levels) entered on dec-8.........closed the sheet and reopened.........differet set of hands, now entered jan 7. never played any of these. slim, was going to pm you but thought others might have some questions. (slim, or any others that have worked so hard on this project) when i try to reach 3.0, all i get is 'this page is not available' on some commercial looking forum. am very puzzled.....help from wherever it comes..and thanks in advance...h

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds very strange.

And what do you mean by "when i try to reach 3.0"? Who (or what) is 3.0?

bearly
06-06-2005, 12:40 AM
hi, in one of the posts i read when i did a search i found a link to the spreadsheet version 3.2---i believe it was from slim pickins, but not sure. the post was from a thread about 3 weeks old. h

dfscott
06-06-2005, 12:52 AM
Make sure you're using the 2.3i version. The old ones had several bugs.

Slim Pickens
06-06-2005, 01:14 PM
It looks like a lot happened while I was gone. I just read the thread and had a couple of thoughts.

1) I'm not the only one who wants a better summary tab. I like to keep track of all my bonus money as part of my SnG bankroll and I'm already way out of space on that sheet. It would be nice to have some functionality for entering ring game totals as a correction to the total bankroll, plus a lot of space for "others." If anyone wants to tackle this, it would be great. I might get to it once I take the edge off after not getting to play for over a month.

2) Rakeback. After screwing around with trying to implement rakeback calcs in the sheet, I decided the option that gives the greatest number of people the greatest functionality is a column in the Money tab where you can enter your monthly rakeback... simple as that.

3) If your sheet is f-ed up in any way, just zip it up and send it to my spam-mail &lt;blinky238@yahoo.com&gt;. Most problems can be fixed by me in less time than it takes to write a detailed description of the problem sufficient to fix the sheet without looking at it.

4) This thing looks about as awesome as an Excel spreadsheet can look!

Slim

EDIT: Oh... and the FAQ/noob guide... I'll get right on that.

dfscott
06-06-2005, 01:39 PM
I've been fooling around with it a bit myself. I've added a few things that probably only I care about, but while we're talking features, I'll throw them out for consideration:

1) A BR location table underneath the Total on the money page. Just a simple table that shows where all my money is located and alerts me if the totals don't foot (I'm anal that way). You have to manually enter the balances for the various accounts, so it doesn't reall do that much for you.

2) Added a trendline to the total amount on the Year graph. Just helps smooth the variance and makes it easier to ignore the short-term downturns.

Slim Pickens
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been fooling around with it a bit myself. I've added a few things that probably only I care about, but while we're talking features, I'll throw them out for consideration:

1) A BR location table underneath the Total on the money page. Just a simple table that shows where all my money is located and alerts me if the totals don't foot (I'm anal that way). You have to manually enter the balances for the various accounts, so it doesn't reall do that much for you.

2) Added a trendline to the total amount on the Year graph. Just helps smooth the variance and makes it easier to ignore the short-term downturns.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I have a similar balancing calc since most of my bankroll lives in my checking account anyway. I like to know how much needs to be in there to self-insure against variance, or rather, know what level can I play and still be properly self-insured. This is a good idea for a reworked Money tab.

2) I think this would cause mass confusion in the wrong hands. Curve fitting is a powerful tool of deception. That's how USA Today sells papers.

Slim