PDA

View Full Version : Short handed maniac game

Jacob_Gilliam
05-14-2005, 12:36 AM
Pacific Poker 6 handed
Hero is MP2
MP1, Button, and BB are all maniacs
MP1 capped turn and river against my full house on the previous hand with nothing.
Hero dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Pre-flop: Hero raises, MP1 raises, C/O folds, Button raises, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls

Flop: T /images/graemlins/club.gif,T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls

I didn't want to bet this flop because I was worried that MP1 would raise me and everybody else would still call, so betting doesn't seem to acomplish much.

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP1 bets, C/O calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero?

This is my biggest weakness, overcards. I'm thinking that there's a good chance that MP1 is bluffing, but the other two players might call three or four bets here with very little. Should I fold, call, or raise here?

Also, would anybody bet the flop?

All the players have been known to come alive and bluff reraise at any point in a hand.

Thx for any tips....

cmwck
05-14-2005, 12:50 AM
I would bet the turn and hope that MP1 raises to protect your hand. If the rest of the players in the hand are likely to have any two cards, you could have the best hand, and anyone who folds will increase you chances of winning this huge pot unimproved.

Redd
05-14-2005, 01:01 AM
It looks like there's about 15BB in the pot. So the question is if you have 3 outs or not. If you consider that you might be best (unlikely against this many players, even if they're maniacs), I'd say you have the odds to peel.

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the turn and hope that MP1 raises to protect your hand. If the rest of the players in the hand are likely to have any two cards, you could have the best hand, and anyone who folds will increase you chances of winning this huge pot unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this. For starters, you're protecting ace-high. Second, you're not even reverse-dominated here because any A4 hand out there is counterfeit. Third, you're trying to fold out a table full of very loose players. And fourth, you will get 3-bet.

cmwck
05-14-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there's about 15BB in the pot. So the question is if you have 3 outs or not. If you consider that you might be best (unlikely against this many players, even if they're maniacs), I'd say you have the odds to peel.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like this. For starters, you're protecting ace-high. Second, you're not even reverse-dominated here because any A4 hand out there is counterfeit. Third, you're trying to fold out a table full of very loose players. And fourth, you will get 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're ahead though, a few people could have 6 outs against you.

Redd
05-14-2005, 02:30 AM
IMHO, that's a big if. We've got 4 people out of six sticking around until the turn, 3 of whom raised preflop. Even if they are maniacs, SB has something that's worth calling this much aggression with.

I see what you're saying, but I think that we're spending 2BB on a hand that's probably behind to a player that will show down whether we raise or not. I think that we're behind often enough and the bet folds a hand that would have drawn out seldom enough that the 2BB cost isn't really worth it.

Jacob_Gilliam
05-14-2005, 03:53 AM
Turn: Hero calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB checks, hero checks, MP1 bets, C/O folds, BB folds, hero calls.
MP1 shows 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif,3 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero wins with a pair of tens, ace kicker

thesharpie
05-14-2005, 06:30 AM
D00d, he got the flush!!1 Kick the dealer for me, and give him back his chips!.