PDA

View Full Version : BL laughs his ass off (lc)

Big Limpin'
05-14-2005, 12:00 AM
SO, i open up my newly created party account....gotta see what all the fuss is about. Is my $300 initial deposit enough to play the 22s? Well, lets find out....

9:00 - Open up 4 tables.
9:05 - Am only alive in 2 of them. Consider the possibility i shouldnt have got involved in a few of those pots. Quickly discout this. Open up 2 more tables and a fresh beer.
9:45 - Have lost all 6 of the tables. Am especially perturbed at one villain. In course of one game, get allin vs him with AK, he flips up AJ, flops a jack. Get allin AGAIN with him with another AK. he flips up AJ again. This time, he waits till turn to spike his jack. Declare my desire for him to develop rectal cancer ASAP. Am allin in the BB. Am pleased to be dealt QQ. Same villian raises, flips 99. Hero puzzles over how he will lose. Question answered with r/r str8. Hero makes this face: /images/graemlins/mad.gif

10:00 Vow to boot up 4 more games, leaving account at $80, and cashout immeadiately after. Never to return.

10:01 Poker gods have their shift change. New crew reads the shift notes, observes that this new party player will never become a rake machine if they dont let him win. After conference, they elect to "flip the swich"...Hero notices this immeadiately, when he gets allin on level 2 with QQ, vs AA vs KK. Hero drags 2400 pot, and observes some funny chat directed at him.

10:40 - Hero finishes 2,1,3,1. Acct at $380. Vows to break previous vow of abandoning Party.

Ok, seriously, i dont know how you guys do it. This 800 chip nonsence is insane. Skills like getting away from a hand, bluff calling, they are not applicable to that site. Your whole tournament rests on the outcome of 1, maybe 2 hands.

Meh, it was kinda fun. I gotta say, i read some real funny chat.I dont think im ready to jump into the party yet, but i see where you guys are coming from saying the competition there is weak (at the 22s anyway). And those games are quick 39 min average. I guess 6t/hr is good.

Thats all, i said l/c. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

treeofwisdom7
05-14-2005, 12:06 AM
i think thats why everyone is so tight..game goes fast...

FUNNY $HIT

ZebraAss
05-14-2005, 12:09 AM
Good post, I liked it.

Big Limpin'
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
I i gotta say, i TOTALLY see how this site is condusive to opening a table, going and making a sandwich, coming back when its 6 handed @ 50/100 with 650 checks, picking one hand and pushing. Not that that in and of itself is a recipe for making $, but as a metaphor for the accepted "2+2 party strategy", its pretty close.

Freudian
05-14-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your whole tournament rests on the outcome of 1, maybe 2 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You say that like it is a bad thing. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Freudian
05-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Actually I have noticed a leak for me that is related to Partys structure. All the days where I played the highest amount of tables are the ones where I lose. Because the games are so fast and because often it is bad luck instead of bad play that makes you lose, it is so easy to load up another set just to prove to yourself that surely this bad luck can't last. Even though I am not all that prone to making banzai moves when running bad, I am not 100% at the end of one of these mammoth poker days.

If each SnG lasted twice as long it is quite possible that I would come to my senses and quit for the day sooner.

Blarg
05-14-2005, 12:18 AM
One thing you gotta say for the 800 chip structure, it definitely is fun.

It can be very aggravating that one or two bad outcomes can take you from chip leader to trivial stack size or busted. It definitely makes you see some very weirdly played hands, and makes you play a little weirdly yourself, just so the blinds don't quickly decide the whole of the game. Pretty entertaining stuff.

The comments you see when people suck out on each other are sometimes hilarious too, and suck-outs are near constant, so the chat can seem like an idiot convention. Sometimes I see people cussing out someone else on all four tables I'm playing at once. Sometimes I see two different people cussing out two different people on the same table! And then there are the guys who think they're geniuses for calling with AA and tell everyone about it, gloating and sneering. Those guys are great. It's pretty fun to beat guys who are idiotically taunting you. I think it's all a little too much for me chatwise lately, though, so I'm taking a break from Party chat and just disabling chat. Too much drama and whining.

Freudian
05-14-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but i see where you guys are coming from saying the competition there is weak (at the 22s anyway).

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a mini-step run for my own amusement (when I don't feel like multitabling). And the play there is so horrible that it makes the $22 seem like a rock garden.

It is probably -$EV for me to do this, but I find bouncing up and down the steps a good way to wind down after my normal poker playing. And the insane plays I see really make me in a good mood.