PDA

View Full Version : 88 in BB against two total crazy LAGs

imported_PP123
05-13-2005, 11:33 PM
MP2 is a total maniac preflop. He's the most crazy player I've ever played with in a live game. He plays about 2/3 of all hands hand raises 50% of them. He doesn't bother about position and how the action has been in front of him. He frequently raises and reraises with hands like Q6o, 53o, J5o and so on. Post-flop he usually calms down a bit, but still is quite aggressive. He frequently calls the flop with nothing and usually goes to showdown if he catches anything. His fearless play has so far made him a big winner. He has won some very big pots by sucking out.

SB is a hyper aggressive maniac preflop too, but less aggressive than MP2. He complains all the time about how bad MP2 plays and often 3-bets him. He calls a lot of MP2's preflop raises och 3-bets his 'better hands' like Q8o, A7o, 75s. Postflop he calms down too, but he's very aggressive with his big cards hands like AK, AQ etc. He has capped the flop and turn a few times with just a gutshot and an overcard. But a few times he has check fold the flop against a field with pocket pair like JJ when an Ace flopped. One important thing is that he respects my play. He says he respect me and that I'm a good player. In the hands we have played with each other he has respected my bets and raises.

Live 6/12

Preflop: Hero is BB with 88
4 folds, MP2 raises, 3 folds, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) A36r (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, BB raises, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8 (3 players)
SB bets, Hero raises, MP2 folded, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 3 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets, SB calls.

What do you think about my preflop play? Should I have capped or maybe just called planning on raising more or less every flop. I should mention that I didnt cap to get rid of MP2. There were absolutely no chance that MP2 would fold for two more bets. My second question is what you think about my flop/turn play. What would my plan be if a blank hit on turn?

Edit: MP2 folded the turn.

Klepton
05-13-2005, 11:39 PM
nice suck out

the cap is awesome, it put you in control, until you got checkraised on the flop

flop - you know he has an ace, as he respects your play, but i would still call and see what develops on the turn

if a blank hit on the turn and he bet out, you have to fold

imported_PP123
05-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the answer Klepton!

I guess the lack of more answers means I played well? Anyway CO had the ace and I took it down. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Klepton
05-14-2005, 06:42 AM
yes ther lack of responses is because the hand kinda played itself other than the pf cap...

if you didnt tunr the 8 you woulda folded, but instead you won a healthy pot