PDA

View Full Version : Final table situation

Abagadro
05-13-2005, 11:26 PM
Live $100 buy in NL freeze-out tourney. Started with 108 and it is down to 6. I am in the money, but the money goes up significantly at 5th place (i.e. it doubles from 6th and then nearly doubles every place up thereafter). I am the only short stacked as I was the shortest when I got to the final table and have scrapped my way to 6th. Eveyone has me covered by 4x-5x but no one has a huge lead. I am in the BB. BB is 1200 and I have 1400 left after posting. Folded to the button who raises it to 3600 (about 40% of his stack). SB goes all in and has the button covered. I'm holding K5o. If I play, I have a chance to triple up. The big stacks haven't been shy about duking it out because the blinds are pretty huge compared to the stacks (there are only 54k chips in play), the button knows I'm likely to call if it is heads-up so I can't really put him on a stone steal and I don't want to go up against two potentially good hands when I have a shot of eeking into 5th. However, I also suspect that the SB may be making a move as he is a pretty crafty player.

I fold.

Button folds.

Based upon the way he acted after the hand was over, I think the SB had squat.

Interested in comments on my play.

Pepsquad
05-14-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when I have a shot of eeking into 5th.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a pretty telling statement.