PDA

View Full Version : 6 max NL 600 party poker hand bothering me

Go_Blue88
05-13-2005, 10:33 PM
I played this hand a while ago, but I just want to see if you all think I misplayed it and why. It's from memory so dollar amounts may be slightly off...
Aggressive UTG+1 calls (~700), I, UTG+2 (~900) call with 55. tight bb (~300) checks. Pot is ~(21).
Flop: Qh Jh 5c
bb bets 12, UTG+1 calls, I raise to 55.
bb folds, UTG+1 calls. Pot (~150).
Turn: 8s
UTG+1 checks, I bet 150. UTG+1 minraises...I push...
Is this all read dependent or would you have done it differently? I guess it's pretty obvious what he holds since I posted the hand, but playing against an aggressive player, how easy is this for you to get away from? Oh, and I'd say he'd view me as tight aggressive.

smithjon
05-13-2005, 11:19 PM
55$ raise w/55 and a 5 on the board?
haha make it 56 next time

creedofhubris
05-14-2005, 12:11 AM
A call can't be too bad here.

Go_Blue88
05-14-2005, 02:00 AM
Hey creed, I thought about that...but if I just call, I won't have a better read on the river. So if I don't fill up, do I just hope he checks again? I think that this is unlikely...so whats the plan if I choose to just call?

imported_bingobazza
05-14-2005, 03:44 AM
This is one of those moments when you could look back at the end of the session and call it tilt. You flop a great hand, and steamily react to a mini rasie when a scare card falls with an ill tempered push, probably made quickly without any thought. If you didnt, I know that I do often enough in this spot. Ive been there so many times. Later, you realise that you could have saved yourself around $350. I feel for you in this position, and cant condemn your push, but this is what i consider tilt when I do it myself. A call here gets you away from the hand on the river when he pushes if the board doesnt pair.

PS - His bet is awful here, he should have been pushing the turn, not mini raising. You have the price to try and fill up. He made the key mistake in the hand up to the point where you pushed.

PPS - You didnt really misplay it if you would have called a push from him on the river.

creedofhubris
05-14-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey creed, I thought about that...but if I just call, I won't have a better read on the river. So if I don't fill up, do I just hope he checks again? I think that this is unlikely...so whats the plan if I choose to just call?

[/ QUOTE ]

The plan is to get allin if you fill up, and if you don't, decide if he has the straight or not. But probably call.

It just gives you an option that you didn't have on the turn. Doesn't mean you have to take it.

Go_Blue88
05-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Ya bingobazza, I agree...sometimes when I play a long solid session, and I put most of my winnings from the day into a pot, I'm too stubborn to get away from the hand. It sort of feels like I wasted my entire night, and so I make some bad decisions. And ya, when I look back on these situations I generally wish I saved a couple hundred bucks, but at the time that amount seems insignificant to me b/c I only think about ending the night ahead. I never really looked at that before...you're right that it's a lot like tilt...