PDA

View Full Version : Bubble hand with AJo

willperkins
05-13-2005, 10:04 PM
Big stack has been showing down decent hands. He has folded to raises and called, so no read there. What would you do when he reraises?

$10/$1
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2710)
SB (t1925)
BB (t7010)
Hero (t1855)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1600</font>,

Hero???

citanul
05-13-2005, 10:16 PM
I don't think that I could come up with really any great reason to not push this hand on your first turn to act preflop.

The only reasons I could think of are

a) you suspect that you will get action (not saying you want it) from the big stack and get yourself all in with a significant (though possibly not worth it) edge

b) you intend to fold if some of the players reraise, but go all in if the others do so. in which case you should know your action before you make the first raise preflop

all that said, i think this is probably a clear preflop push, though i'd like to know why you decided to make it 600 instead of all in.

citanul

zaphod
05-13-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Big stack has been showing down decent hands. He has folded to raises and called, so no read there. Instead of raising only to 600 and worrying about a reraise or an stop and go,i pushed.

$10/$1
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2710)
SB (t1925)
BB (t7010)
Hero (t1855)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero push</font>.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corrected your post.

treeofwisdom7
05-13-2005, 10:28 PM
so with one of these hands and a stack size a little less than 10BB its correc to push everytime in this situation on the bubble?

zaphod
05-13-2005, 11:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so with one of these hands and a stack size a little less than 10BB its correc to push everytime in this situation on the bubble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and you should be pushing with far worse hands than this 4 handed.
You have to avoid getting blinded out at all costs. That means lots of stealing on the bubble. How much? That depends on how likely you think it is that your opponent will call you.
Lots of opponents have very high calling standards on the bubble(Their thinking is: I want my money back so i better make sure i get ITM). Take advantage of this and steal their blinds.