PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker finesse

Voltron87
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
Ok, when everyone else updates their PT you don't do anything special to get it to calculate your ROI and finishes right? I just updated mine and I can't get my finishes to go in right, it only has 4 placements used to calculate my ROI but many more hands than 4 tourneys would take in the hands section below it, so I know it is getting the HHs just screwing up the finishes. What's the deal?

Also, when clearing the interops sign up bonus at 50 NL (700 raked hands) it has me winning at 36 PT BBs per 100 hands, over 1199 hands for a total of $437. Is that a good winrate? Is it sustainable? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blarg
05-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Sounds like you're missing some summaries.

Voltron87
05-13-2005, 10:01 PM
So you have to get them emailed to you everytime? You can't just let it see where you place and that does it?

aarrrrrrgh

hedgeyerbets
05-13-2005, 10:10 PM
I've always wondered why I wasn't able to do it automatically... you can click on "view hand history" from the tournament summary screen and right at the top it says what the buy in is... so why can pt parse it up for ya?

Voltron87
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
I paid 55$ and it can't even do that?

Boo.

Blarg
05-13-2005, 10:15 PM
With Eurobet, you do.

I'm not sure how the others do it. Since every time you bust out before you're 1st or 2nd, you probably close the table and never see the winning hand, I guess sites have to make it a special point to send you the summaries, because you're not at the open table to see them. I'm not sure whether Party's other skins besides Eurobet take the trouble to send you the summaries and save them to your hard disk like they do with regular hands. But Euro doesn't.

Voltron87
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
ah, that explains why I only have 1st and 2nd place finishes... my 263% ROI sounded slightly off. I was wondering how I had any $$ bottom line results at all since I have never touched an email summary.

Blarg
05-13-2005, 10:27 PM
Heh yeah I'm way behind on importing summaries, so my ROI makes me look like Bill Gates.

Voltron87
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
whatever, if PT doesn't do it automatically it's not worth my time. back to going by dead reckoning and just hoping there's more money in PP at the end of the day.

Blarg
05-13-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah that's why I've been keeping records by hand, and then slowly pumping them into SNG Tracker. Maybe I'll change to using Aleo's spreadsheet or something, but Pokertracker is definitely not the must-have for SNG's that it is for ring games.

ewing55
05-14-2005, 01:28 AM
Don't close the table when you get knocked out. Just minimize it and go on. When you have a free second check the minimized tables and close the one where the tourney has finished.

I haven't had PT miss a tourney in over the last 200 games (2 weeks). I also get the summaries emailed to me so I can go in by hand and add the (last couple) finishing positions if PT bombs out for some reason.

Also, the ability to replay a whole tourney (just stopping on the important hands) in about 5 minutes has really helped my game. (Well, it would if I would actually replay my tourneys more often.)

Of course I'm just a rookie, I could be wrong.

------------Jeff

Blarg
05-14-2005, 01:39 AM
See, what you're saying makes sense, but I only play on Eurobet, because my rakeback is much higher there than on Empire, my other rakeback account. When I'm busted out of a game, I fire up another one ASAP. I four-table, and so once I'm busted out, I have to close the game, since you can only have four tables open at once.

TruFloridaGator
05-14-2005, 01:44 AM
It seems all the programs have bugs that seem to take forever to get fixed. It would be nice to see some serious and advanced updates for PT & SNGT, rather than mostly meaningless ones.