PDA

View Full Version : Donk decision with crap pair

brazilio
05-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>...

donk was retarded. VP$IP wasn't gigantic, but he 3-bet the flop HU against my top set with a runner runner straight draw, and 3-bet the turn against my top set with his turned OESD, and even put in a bet on the river when his OESD blanked.

admiralfluff
05-13-2005, 09:37 PM
Your leaving out his pfr leads me to believe that you don't think it is important here. This would mean you felt it was likely that donktard was raising because there was 1 limper and he felt like it.

If this is the case, he'd likely bet that river A with any 2. Based on your read this seems like an easy call.

Catt
05-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't know how the converter deals with a 7-handed table -- how many are left to act behind you PF? I'd be more inclined to raise (depending on reads) than limp here, but it is very situational.

Given your read I'd probably call the river, expecting to lose but not surprised if I win. I call down too much, but I am inclined to err on the side of calling rather than folding when I am HU on the river in a decent pot.

brazilio
05-13-2005, 09:39 PM
I left out his pfr just because I only played 30 or so hands with him, and nothing popped out as hugely abnormal, just his postflop play was so retarded it defied comprehension.

admiralfluff
05-13-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
his postflop play was so retarded it defied comprehension

[/ QUOTE ]

Catt
05-13-2005, 09:52 PM
I now see that there were 3 to act + the blinds. Depending on my table image, the play of those behind me, and the tempo of the game, I honestly might raise, limp, or fold this PF.

For me, the postflop play is very dependent on table circumstances. Thus I have no comment on your flop / turn play. If I parachuted into the hand as it was played, I'd call the river.

Entity
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Limping here preflop sucks.

I'd raise the flop and bet the turn. As is, I'd call the river against this guy.

Rob

cmwck
05-13-2005, 10:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd raise the flop and bet the turn.
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the plan if he:
-3-bets the flop?
-calls the raise and bets the turn?

Entity
05-13-2005, 11:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd raise the flop and bet the turn.
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the plan if he:
-3-bets the flop?
-calls the raise and bets the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down in either case. It really depends on whether I raised and he 3-bet PF or not, though.

Rob