PDA

View Full Version : HELP! NEEDS A CRASH COURSE IN NL TOURNEY

12-01-2002, 08:07 AM
I am a pretty decent, winning 5-10 player with very little experience in LL HE tournament with a few wins and final table appearance under my belt - normally in a field of 80-100 players.

Last night, I decided to play the $500 NL single table satellite at TAJ, MY VERY FIRST NL live game ever with very little concept of how it is played. I noticed that that the table was tight/passive but with 3-4 experienced players mostly waiting for good hands. I decided to be aggressive, played the players and voila! I won a seat for the real game!

Now, here's the catch: I know I don't have a real live experience in the game but I am determined to play this coming week. My only learning experience is playing my Turbo tourney where I have "won" a couple with several final table appearances, reading some articles in CP, and infrequently lurking in this forum.

With this brief background, I need some guidance and crash course from some of the more experienced tourney players out there. Are there any kind-hearted and gentle people who are mean on the green felt out there who can lend me a helping hand? Thanks a lot in advance! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif