PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the party 9 max tables?

Deamon2
05-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I haven't seen these before- I'm a .5/1 regular looking to move up to 1/2 (now that I have the br), and just noticed these things. Does it play any differently than the 10 max tables? I know 1/2 has a reputation for being rockish, and am wondering if this goes on through the 9-max tables

thesharpie
05-14-2005, 07:51 AM
I've only played about 400 hands of 1/2 so far and haven't played anything but 9 max. I don't know if these are better than the 10 handed but they seem alot better than most peoples' descriptions of 1/2. There are plenty of people who limp with crap and go too far with it, also a nice mix of maniacs. To tell the truth it seems better than alot of the .50/1 Party games I've played lately, I've played with so many tighties there lately. Maybe I've just been lucky in the tables I've picked but so far so good.

Nfinity
05-14-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen these before- I'm a .5/1 regular looking to move up to 1/2 (now that I have the br), and just noticed these things. Does it play any differently than the 10 max tables? I know 1/2 has a reputation for being rockish, and am wondering if this goes on through the 9-max tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the deal, they are about what you would expect out of a 10max table. Don't make the mistake I did and limit yourself to only full. With 1/2 being as rocky and tight weak as it is some of the time, you will have a harder time finding tables with a VPIP over 25 some of the time.

Ivanapolis
05-14-2005, 09:19 AM
I hate them. They are one more reason never to play 1/2.

Isura
05-14-2005, 11:11 AM
1/2 10 max - horrible rake
1/2 9 max - even worse rake

Duerig
05-14-2005, 01:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1/2 10 max - horrible rake
1/2 9 max - even worse rake

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the rake exactly the same? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

madmisha
05-14-2005, 01:39 PM
No, not in the big picture. There is a reason the rake is less at 6 max tables.

Duerig
05-14-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so I tried to figure this out on my own, but I think I'm still missing something. According to

http://www.partypoker.com/games/rake.html

the rake at 1/2 doesn't matter whether you are playing 6 max, 9 max or full ring. It only depend on the size of the pot. Bigger pots = smaller % rake. So if you play at tables with less people, the pots will generally be smaller and the rake generally larger (percentage wise). So is the rake really lower at 6 max? It might be lower in absolute dollars but not percentage wise (which is what matters), right?

Escape
05-14-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay so I tried to figure this out on my own, but I think I'm still missing something. According to

http://www.partypoker.com/games/rake.html

the rake at 1/2 doesn't matter whether you are playing 6 max, 9 max or full ring. It only depend on the size of the pot. Bigger pots = smaller % rake. So if you play at tables with less people, the pots will generally be smaller and the rake generally larger (percentage wise). So is the rake really lower at 6 max? It might be lower in absolute dollars but not percentage wise (which is what matters), right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You even pay more rake at the 6 max tables than you do at the full games.

HesseJam
05-20-2005, 08:09 AM
I don't know why, but 1-2 9-max tables are way looser than fulls. On average, VPIP is about 5-10% higher. Aggressiveness is often quite low (table PFR around 5%).