PDA

View Full Version : Forget Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution Video

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 08:33 PM
unofficial video (http://redruth.greenbean.org/~ben/4CR/Nintendo-ON-Revolution.wmv)

Completely changing video games /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

That video has not been confirmed as real, however who else but Nintendo could have the resources and time to create something so high quality?

If Nintendo pulls it off it would be truly amazing

edit: the last 2 minutes are the parts where they show-off the system itself

Trump
05-13-2005, 08:43 PM
That looks freakin awesome, after a big drought maybe nintendo can climb back to the top.

Chiron
05-13-2005, 08:44 PM
I really feel sorry for Nintendo. Sure, I'll probably buy this "thing" anyway since I'm in it for the games, not the system--but my god, I thought they would have learned their lesson from Virtual Boy. And this thing looks even more ridiculous than the Gamecube. Nintendo is going to fall flat on its face this time.

I mean, cmon, it looks like a [censored] motorcycle helmet.

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 08:48 PM
this looks weird, so do you like act it all out in a room or something, wtf.

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 08:49 PM
i am getting reports that this is not real /images/graemlins/frown.gif

nintendo news article (http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=9594f668-5342-4b38-8eb1-d6bf479c4139&page=home)

says there that the system is 3 dvd cases big? doesn't match up with the video. it's been suggested to me that maybe this video was a concept video presented to company executives as a possible new system?

Chiron
05-13-2005, 08:52 PM
since when is [censored] censored? hmm

Sponger15SB
05-13-2005, 08:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
says there that the system is 3 dvd cases big?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who really cares how big it is though.

I mean, its not like I've ever looked at a system and been like "wow I wish it was smaller, where ever will I put this?"

wacki
05-13-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this looks weird, so do you like act it all out in a room or something, wtf.

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks that way. My prediction is Nintendo is going down.

EDIT: Well atleast that system is.

Popinjay
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, its not like I've ever looked at a system and been like "wow I wish it was smaller, where ever will I put this?"

[/ QUOTE ]

i just said that because if you watch the video the system shown is clearly not 3 dvd cases big thus implying that the video is not real /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ThaSaltCracka
wow, that article was the first I had heard about the new system. Built in wifi, thats sick. these next gen systems are going to be amazing I think.

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i just said that because if you watch the video the system shown is clearly not 3 dvd cases big thus implying that the video is not real /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]most of us understood you.

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wow, that article was the first I had heard about the new system. Built in wifi, thats sick. these next gen systems are going to be amazing I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. if you want a hardware monster look at microsoft. triple core 3.2ghz cpu with wi-fi built-in and hd-dvd capability all water cooled. it's pretty nutty.

Chiron
05-13-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. American's don't give a [censored]. But the Japanese are suckers for anything that is "cute" or "compact." Nintendo just doesn't understand the differences between their market and ours.

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're right. American's don't give a [censored]. But the Japanese are suckers for anything that is "cute" or "compact." Nintendo just doesn't understand the differences between their market and ours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know if that's true if you look at the mac mini. Lots of Americans have bought it because it's small

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely. if you want a hardware monster look at microsoft. triple core 3.2ghz cpu with wi-fi built-in and hd-dvd capability all water cooled. it's pretty nutty.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, that is nuckin futs, be curious to see what kind of processor/video capabilities IBM and ATI can come up with. ANY IDEA ON PRICES????

Chiron
05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Nix on the hd-dvd. Just dual-layer dvd9 like the current Xbox, which is really all you need. Rarely does a game use all of that space, and if it does, certainly not efficiently.

Chiron
05-13-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know if that's true if you look at the mac mini. Lots of Americans have bought it because it's small

[/ QUOTE ]
That's only because it needs to be portable. Are you going to put the Nintendo Revolution in your shirt pocket? Personally, if I'm going to add something to my home theater setup, it better be big and sexy looking. Not cute and homosexual looking.

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]huh, maybe you haven't noticed but many Americans are starting to buy plasma TV's and flat screen monitors. DVD players are getting smaller, as are speakers. People no longer want monstrously sized electronic components.

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, that is nuckin futs, be curious to see what kind of processor/video capabilities IBM and ATI can come up with. ANY IDEA ON PRICES????

[/ QUOTE ]

Xbox 360 is supposed to be $300 I think. They've got to be making a big loss on that and banking on controlling the market while making their money on the games

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Xbox 360 is supposed to be $300 I think. They've got to be making a big loss on that and banking on controlling the market and making money on the games

[/ QUOTE ]oh yeah, all the companies do this.

well, $300 isn't that bad, still cheaper than XBOX when it came out at first, IIRC.

Chiron
Normal bigscreen TVs are so big they are an inconvenience. Plasma TVs serve a practical purpose. Making the Revolution console the size of 3 dvd cases does not. Making the Gamecube look like a purse does not.

contentless
[ QUOTE ]

That's only because it needs to be portable. Are you going to put the Nintendo Revolution in your shirt pocket? Personally, if I'm going to add something to my home theater setup, it better be big and sexy looking. Not cute and homosexual looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong product. Mac Mini is the computer, not the MP3 player.

http://www.apple.com/macmini/

ThaSaltCracka
05-13-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Normal bigscreen TVs are so big they are an inconvenience. Plasma TVs serve a practical purpose. Making the Revolution console the size of 3 dvd cases does not.

[/ QUOTE ]sure it does, it takes up less room.

Popinjay
05-13-2005, 09:35 PM
okay new theories

http://img205.echo.cx/img205/7996/tworevolutions8pa.jpg

Picture of what I'm talking about. So the top part is the backwards compatibilty with gamecube, but what's the unknown console (it looks small too like 3 dvd cases big maybe)? Perhaps this video is just part of the revolution and not the main game console.

SpearsBritney
05-13-2005, 09:41 PM
That's the new "Revolution" Console ("3 dvd cases") The helmet thingy is just some sort of seperate accessory.

Edited: Sorry, in my excitement of being super genius of the universe, I rushed over the part where you already figured this out. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

stabn
05-14-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Xbox 360 is supposed to be $300 I think. They've got to be making a big loss on that and banking on controlling the market and making money on the games

[/ QUOTE ]oh yeah, all the companies do this.

well, $300 isn't that bad, still cheaper than XBOX when it came out at first, IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same price (minus the making you buy a 3 game bundle). Actual system price was $299 at launch.

ThaSaltCracka
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
thank you for clarifying Stabn, you are doing Gods work over there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

stabn
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thank you for clarifying Stabn, you are doing Gods work over there. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought one on launch day at EBX in redmond...After the 3 games + controller the damn thing was over $500.

daveymck
05-14-2005, 05:26 AM
The 3d elements are interesting but there is no way I or my kids are sticking those 3d glasses things on for any normal length of gaming session, looking at a tv for a lenghth of time is bad enough imagine is stuck onto your eyes like that, as well as looking a right arse running round the living room.

PS3 will still dominate the market it will be interesting to see how much market share microsoft can claw off them.

BusterStacks
05-14-2005, 06:21 AM
I disagree that the PS3 will "dominate". The reasons for PS2's success were 2-fold: It was introduced way before the Xbox, and it had exclusive games. This time around, we will see next-gen systems entering at approximately the same time, and game designers are generally no longer bound by exclusivity agreements. I think it will be a lot closer than people are expecting, especially if Xbox 360 has superior hardware, which I think is a safe bet.

Lawrence Ng
05-14-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If Nintendo pulls it off it would be truly amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing this video, it ain't going to happen.

Lawrence

daveymck
05-14-2005, 08:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that the PS3 will "dominate". The reasons for PS2's success were 2-fold: It was introduced way before the Xbox, and it had exclusive games. This time around, we will see next-gen systems entering at approximately the same time, and game designers are generally no longer bound by exclusivity agreements. I think it will be a lot closer than people are expecting, especially if Xbox 360 has superior hardware, which I think is a safe bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

You missed the other key reasons PS2 had more software quicker and was backward compatible, are those with a load of PS2 and 1 games just going to dump them cos the hardware on the new Xbox is better, the 20-30 market maybe the ones relying on their parents I suspect not.
I think sony will give up market share but worldwide will still be the bigger player.

stabn
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
This was a hoax (http://forums.warppipe.com/viewtopic.php?t=18305)

Also, the people on this forum scare me....a lot.

Popinjay
05-16-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a hoax (http://forums.warppipe.com/viewtopic.php?t=18305)

Also, the people on this forum scare me....a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the update. That only took him a week to make? Jesus that's some kind of skill. pretty cool statement and execution by him. respek

stabn
05-16-2005, 07:09 PM
This has pictures of the PS3, along with some quotes from the Xbox 360 PS3 coverage:

linky (http://www.internet-nexus.com/2005_05_15_archive.htm#111628284193240141Not)

stabn
05-16-2005, 07:15 PM
Some further info:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=8827