PDA

View Full Version : How should it be played

AceCobra1
05-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Like I find it quite difficult to play hands such as AQ or AK or AJo if it has 2/3 limpers and I am in EP. OK, I hardly even raise those hands now because it either hardly ever hits and even if I raise it, it doesn't seem to limit callers... I actually had AA just now, 3 betted it from someone who raised EP... BB called and UTG+1 called to my 3 bet... turn had 3 clubs and something like 3456 then I just checked and river just called to be beaten by 25o lol... pretty spetacular I must say... The question I was gonna ask was how should I play if say I had AKo on EP and didn't anything on the flop or the turn? Shuold I just fold overcard usually if i am up against say an average player?

Thanks,
T

Niediam
05-13-2005, 08:48 PM
IF you have AK in EP and miss the flop you should almost always bet if you have one opponent. You should almost always check when you have six opponents.

There is no secret formula which which somebody can give you where you can easily tell which the correct course of action is for every situation. What you need to do is buy Small Stakes Hold'em by Miller, Sklanksy, and Malmuth and study the section on playing overcards, play a bunch of hands, study more, play a bunch more hands, and hopefully then you will have a solid idea of what to do in these situations.

gasoltub
05-13-2005, 09:23 PM
One thing you should remember is that you don't raise the premium hands to limit the field. You raise to build the pot since your hand is likely to be the best.

glean
05-13-2005, 10:19 PM
For me I seem to be doing ok with them. I always bet out. Then it is mostly read based. If I am up against two or three ppl that call most the way down with any part of the flop I check/fold the turn. If against someone that can fold a so/so hand Ill lead turn too. I have gotten to the point that I will usualy drop the hand if re-raised and I havn't seen the guy make a play like that a couple times befor with nothing. *shrug*