PDA

View Full Version : 1,200 and Growing

Mason Malmuth
12-01-2002, 05:39 AM
Hi Everyone:

I see that the total number of registered users on the forums is now over 1,200. That's very good considering we have only had this software a relatively short period of time. Also, starting Monday, you will have to be registered to post. But you can still read the forums if you are not registered.

Best wishes and thanks to everyone for the continued support of www.twoplustwo.com. (http://www.twoplustwo.com.)

Mason /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Warren Whitmore
12-01-2002, 10:44 AM
thank you

Billy LTL
12-02-2002, 05:01 AM
I like the idea of registration being mandatory if you want to post.

There a quite a few good "anonymous" posters. And a few bad ones to. Nice to know which one's which before clicking to read the post.

CreamPuff
12-02-2002, 05:15 AM

adios
12-05-2002, 09:37 PM
Remembering the early days of this site it's really quite remarkable what it has evolved into. Who would have guessed back in July of 1997?

Ray Zee
12-05-2002, 10:34 PM
for some info. Tom Haley is one of our first posters to the site, and he is still around as you can see. Louie Landale also was there at the start and still posts. thanks guys.

Mason Malmuth
12-06-2002, 07:17 AM
Ray was there from the beginning too. Well almost. It took about two weeks of proding to get him to participate. But once he started, like the rest of us he was hooked.

Best wishes,
mason

Mark Heide
12-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Mason,

Maybe you can prod him a little more and get him to write that No-Limit Pot-Limit Hold'em Book?

Good Luck

Mark

Mason Malmuth
12-07-2002, 08:25 PM
I don't think it's coming. But if he would write it, it would be very good.

MM

Matt Flynn
12-09-2002, 10:20 PM
Mark,

Are you the young English guy who plays (or used to play) at Lucky Chances?

I hope Ray never writes that book. Bad enough that Sklansky wrote the tournament book. That one really screwed the edge in limit hold em for anyone who'd bothered to think about tournament play and structure. And, incidentally, Sklansky's tournament book is the best no limit book out because it reviews several core axioms of good no limit play that weren't in print.

Matt

Mark Heide
12-10-2002, 12:19 AM
Matt,

I've never played at Lucky Chances. I wouldn't worry about people reading Sklansky's book. Since, you have read it you now know what everyone else knows about the book. The real key with S&M books are most people don't understand when to use the strategies, and the book should generate more players. That's the reason why I want Ray to write a Pot-Limit book. Look at Ray's high-low split book. It generated more interest that we now have at least one high-low split game featured in every poker room. Futhermore, the majority of these players still play the game poorly.

Good Luck

Mark

rusty JEDI
12-10-2002, 08:25 AM
i think it is funny how mason puts a link for the site that you are on if you are reading the post.

weird huh?

scalf
12-10-2002, 08:32 AM
/forums/images/icons/grin.gif mason is very thorough..lol..gl /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/heart.gif