PDA

View Full Version : 10+1 SNG KK Line Check

Malachii
05-13-2005, 07:07 PM
Blinds are at 15/30
Hero (t785) is UTG
Hero raises to t45 (too small a raise, only 3x the BB?)
UTG+1 calls (t770)
MP1 calls (t755)
MP2 calls (t800)

Flop comes A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="green">
Bad flop, but my kings might still be infront so I need to bet here.
</font>
I bet t100, UTG+1 calls, everyone else folds
<font color="green">
He could have an ace, he might also have a diamond draw.
</font>

Turn is 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, UTG checks

River is a 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets t-100

<font color="green">
I don't want to be forced off the best hand here if he has a missed diamond draw and goes all in after I check, so I make a blocker bet of t100. Good move, or should I just have check/folded here?
</font>
UTG+1 raises to t250
Hero folds

hedgeyerbets
05-13-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm no expert, but I think you have to make a bigger bet on that river. Either bet bigger or check. I think the 100 bet makes it even more likely that he'll come back at you - the pot is bigger, and the bet isn't really all that frightening. Maybe 250?

Malachii
05-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply.

The problem with a bigger bet is two fold A.) He'll only call me when I'm beaten, the purpose of the bet is so that he doesn't push as a bluff and force me off the best hand (unless he's REALLY TRICKY) and B.) A bigger bet would leave me with about 300 in chips, which would leave me in dire straights indeed.

barycentric
05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
Why not define your hand by betting the turn? Unless he's an idiot, he will not draw to the flush when it's so likely you've FH. If he doesn't fold then you know you're probably beat and can take it from there.

treeofwisdom7
05-13-2005, 10:56 PM
im not sure what you have.. but if i was him and i missed the flush draw like im sure he did and you bet that small at the end i would think you are playing scared so i would push you.. he doesnt have you beat push back

Malachii
05-13-2005, 11:23 PM
Sorry, converter was messed up. I have pocket kings.

Malachii
05-13-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's an idiot, he will not draw to the flush when it's so likely you've FH. If he doesn't fold then you know you're probably beat and can take it from there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good point. How much would you bet? I've got about t600 at this point.

Blarg
05-14-2005, 01:20 AM
Talk about a painful flop.

Not that I know what I'm talking about much, but it seems to me you either have to get out of the hand or represent it yourself.

One of the problems of your tiny raise is you're inviting any ace to call, and really almost anything to call. You haven't defined the hands you're up against when your raise is so small. You could be facing almost anything. Certainly any ace -- especially at the 10's.

So you wind up facing a field of three people, and while it could be argued you're in the best position, it looks more like you're in the worst. Chances are excellent at least one of these guys has an ace, and nobody is going to throw one away. I think it's time to accept that and move on, checking and folding. You'll face better odds later than you are now, so check and fold.

If you do decide to play on, you have to compress those little bets right up front into your flop bet, where you still have some folding equity, and you can define your hand as a strong one that people would be foolish to go against. You need to represent Ace-King and bet 200, and then maybe still be prepared to fold. At this point, versus three people, you're basically on a steal, and you've got only one clean shot at it.

Hanging around nibbling at the pot is just going to be surrendering information and money at the same time. Win right away, or get out.

Karak567
05-14-2005, 01:21 AM
I would push on someone if they showed a betting pattern like this in the 10 + 1s. Problem is most people with KK would have called me.

ekky
05-14-2005, 01:29 AM
what value do you think KK has to push over the top the the 250 re-raise?

A lot of people pander the axiom "you only get called if you are beat".. and for the main, I hate that line of thinking, but in this case it is absolutely true.

After the 100 bet on the river, his re-raise is one of two things.

1) he missed his draw and wants to buy the pot
2) he has the Ace and is value betting the river

This hand is right in that range, and while its good to be aggressive, there is no point squandering chips away on bets that can only ever be -EV.

I would not bet 100 on the river, I would not call the 250 re-raise..

I would be tempted to check to induce a bluff/see a cheap showdown.

Betting out 100 as a blocker just pot builds and makes the raise from our villain larger.

You want a showdown here, but you want it as cheaply as possible.. I think check/calling (depending on the size oh is bet) is the best option.