PDA

View Full Version : Willing to review HH's for Free?

ZebraAss
05-13-2005, 06:22 PM
I have been thinking about this a lot lately. Since there are so many people on this forum that are virtual textbooks when it comes to SNG's I think the players that need help should know who is willing to review HH's with them. I know there are a lot of people who would be willing but don’t have enough time so if anyone is free to review HH’s over the summer just reply to this thread.

Zack(me):

I am not going to be playing a lot of poker this summer because of how my first year in college went(baaddd). This summer the only things I will be doing is working part time at a Vet hospital and training for collegiate cross country so I will have a lot of spare time on my hands.
I would be very willing to look over complete HH's with fellow 2+2ers. I think communicating with other posters about HH's is invaluable because it is extremely helpful to both people. I know I am not very experienced compared to others but I would still be willing.
Lately there have been many people looking over my HH's and I have also been looking over other players HH's. It has been very helpful to notice flaws in strategy and also strengths in game play.

Thanks,

ZebraAss

Meatmaw
05-13-2005, 06:25 PM
One thing to note here is that there are those of us who are not walking textbooks on SNGs but would still like to do some peer evaluation and trade hand histories to improve our own game through review.

uhm, yes. i am one of those people.

shejk
05-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I'd like to do that. I've been thinking about pm:ing some people about it but been unsure about what kind of replies I would get.

ZebraAss
05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
That is exactly why I made this thread.

I think there are a few people who talk a lot together and a lot of people who dont talk at all.

--People need connections.

microbet
05-13-2005, 06:45 PM
I answered because I wanted to see the results. I said Yes, but really meant, 'buh, maybe'.

treeofwisdom7
05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
i think i might be one of those people.. i have been thinking about the advice that microbet and those guys are giving on my posts. i dont think i could help anyone with their hand history IDK.. but i would try to help

hey we could review HH on aim or msn.. just an idea

J-Lo
05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
i would really like to do this, i have a TON of free time during the day, because i play at night. Anyone at the $33 to $55 wanna trad w/ me, i'd be more than happy to do so. Shoot me a PM or AIM me at GanJAthar

wiggs73
05-13-2005, 07:23 PM
i'd like to have some hh's reviewed and i'd also be willing to review myself. please pm me about this.

ZebraAss
05-13-2005, 11:45 PM
...come on, people.(Semi-bump)

AKQJ10
05-14-2005, 12:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont think i could help anyone with their hand history IDK.. but i would try to help

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, me neither, but i think it's immensely helpful for me to take a stab at reviewing somebody's, get corrected by a more experienced player, etc.

I guess i'm not seeing the need to do this as a private thing (via PM, IM, whatever) as opposed to doing it in public on 2+2. Tell me what i'm missing here.

Of course if you're just making a pact to post X hands per unit of time for others to review and promising to review Y of their hands, well, that can only be a good thing.

treeofwisdom7
05-14-2005, 12:23 AM
hey you sound like a bad player too.. we should team up.. you send me a HH and i'll send you one.. i rather talk about HH over aim .. maybe shoot one hand over at a time or something like that. and if we dont agree or are confused then we can ask the smart 2+2ers and the @sshole smart@sses too..

bluefeet
05-14-2005, 12:30 AM
yes please.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2385318 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2385318&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=34570&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2385318

did my time on pushfest.com......i'm shopping for a 1500chipper /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ZebraAss
05-14-2005, 12:37 AM
No one wants to keep going through full HH's, period. They want to analyze specific plays. It would be very useful to many people if they knew some one who was willing to go over your HH's and give you comments or even to trade HH's and look over eachothers play.

Maulik
05-14-2005, 12:54 AM
yo I'm game, I'd like to just see more hands period.

Bonafone
05-14-2005, 01:37 AM
I'd be willing to trade.

I currently finished my first 500 50+5's with some unbelievable/unsustainable numbers and would really like to find some leaks and find some insight to how others play. I love this forum and would not be close to where I am today without it, and would now like to give a little back. Hit me up at Bonafone on AIM.

PS my screen name is ThugAngleX in case you were wondering

Maulik
05-14-2005, 01:40 AM
anyone playing the $33s who wants to exchange HHs, PM me.

dfscott
05-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I'd love to swap with someone for help at the 33s -- I'm only breaking even there, so it's either variance or leaks, and I can't do anything about the variance...

dfscott
05-14-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Maulik -- weren't you and I going to exchange some? I PM'ed you my e-mail and never heard back...

LeVoodoo
05-14-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm certainly interested. I think there is tremendous value in reading anothers hand history, it gives you a whole other perspective on the game. I play lower limits than most, i've dabbled in the 20s but i'm doing the 10s now as i move from 2 tables to 4, and soon to 8. Then back to the 20's. [Edit: I should mention, I play with 1500 chips, so i could probably only help others than do the same, and vice versa]

Anywho, lets see if interest in this picks up.

ilya
05-14-2005, 02:58 AM
I'm no expert but I am a winning $33 player. I am happy to help anyone who is struggling at the lower limits by looking over a few of their HHs. Just PM me and I'll give you my email address.

On the flip side, I'd definitely appreciate it if any 15+% ROI $33 players or higher buy-in winners would be willing to take a look at some of my HHs.

And of course I'm always up for trading HHs with anyone who thinks they're about my skill level.

Maulik
05-14-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, Maulik -- weren't you and I going to exchange some? I PM'ed you my e-mail and never heard back...

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my mistake, why don't you AIM me if you use that;

'thesantini'

Degen
05-14-2005, 03:31 AM
I'm always down to trade HH's with any others who are currently beating the game (33's and 55's...beating to me is at least a 10% ROI). If people are sub par and looking to get better I'd be less inclined to do it for free, its just very time consuming, and I don't like doing a half ass job with things like this.

PM me for more info.

Andre

Degen
05-14-2005, 03:34 AM
don't be scared man...i've learned a lot from PMing people on this forum whose posts i respect.

i've never not gotten a curteous reply and everybody has been willing to share some info.

teaching is just as valuable as learning with these types of things.

Andre

1C5
05-14-2005, 11:26 AM
As soon as I start the 33s we can trade some HH. I am still at the 22s though as I made a big withdrawl and have to build up the BR again.

iMsoLucky0
05-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I would look at anyone's HHs at the 109 or 215 level (and maybe the 55 level, but I'm not sure at all what the play is like there). If anyone would care to analyze some of mine at the 215 level, I'd be happy to have you do it.

zaphod
05-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I would love to do this. I play mostly 20 and 30 dollar tournament, 2 or 3 at a time.
I think it would be most usefull for both players if someone of about equal skill playing at about the same buyin were reviewing handhistories for eachother, so i will give my results so far( i review one handhistory for you, you review one for me).
Lately i have been keeping track with Hoods program. The data i have so far is:

180 20$ tournaments, ROI 25%
220 30 $ tournaments, ROI 25 %.

I know sample size is insignificant but it is the data i have.

I cannot say how many handhistories i will review for others as i have never done this before.

Anybody intersted feel free to PM me.

KingDan
05-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I've sent a few PMs about trading 30+3s. I'd also be willing to go over chess games in exchange for going over SNGs, as I am much better at chess than I am at poker. I am around 2200 (master) if anyones interested.

If intersted in either trading SNGS for either, send me a PM.

kspade
05-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Count me in. I play a variety of games, $10 - $200. I could probably offer some advice at the $10 level and take at any.

Newt_Buggs
05-14-2005, 06:50 PM
I'll definitly be sending some PMs or IMs to $50 players in a week or two once I get adjusted. I recently moved up to the $50s and was surprised by the difference in play from the $30s (much more aggression). Once I feel completely comfortable I'll be interested in swapping HH.

ZebraAss
05-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I have some people who havent replied yet that are looking to swap HH's also. So within the next week I will be PM'ing the people who replied to this thread to see if they found enough people to swap yet. If they havent I will set them up with a few people.

Sound good?

-Zebra

Nottom
05-14-2005, 07:01 PM
I'd love to either look at other peoples play and/or have people look at mine. I'm not sure how good my advice would be, but I'm willing to look as I'm sure it couldn't hurt too much.

1C5
05-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Anyone looking to trade some 22 HH, let me know.

ZebraAss
05-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Yea, I started giving out my HH's and receiving HH's from people a few months ago. I have Usher a few HH's and I got OUTSTANDING responses from each and every hand I played it. Not that he has time to do this for anyone currently, but he is very good at critiquing HH's(sorry Usher, lol).

I have looked over 5-10 HH's so far and given out about the same. For those who haven’t received responses yet I am still working on them.

-Zebra

treeofwisdom7
05-14-2005, 07:17 PM
yah i'll be glad to read over HH with low buy ins.. *micro buy-ins*

Paul2432
05-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Please use the URL Instant UBB code when posting links. Long links make threads tough to read.

Thanks,
Paul

ZebraAss
05-16-2005, 10:47 PM
Anyone else? I have had pretty good feedback so far.

I am about to send out between 25-40 HH's and have plenty more saved up.

I have enjoyed going through the HH's that have been sent to me and look forward to seeing more.

Good luck everyone.

-Zebra

jgunnip
05-16-2005, 11:06 PM
I'd be interested in doing this, perhaps 2 or 3 every day or two? PM me or you can if you have AIM check my profile.

sergsz
05-16-2005, 11:22 PM
I'd be up for trading 109 HHs with an experienced, winning player. I've got 20%+ ROI on 500+ 55s and 109s, i dont post here all that much but lurk a great deal. Would be cool to trade histories with someone playing the same level - see if we can plug each other's leaks (boy, does that sound a lot gayer than it actually is).
Anyway, PM me if you are interested....

Phoenix1010
05-16-2005, 11:53 PM
Yeh, if anyone wants to trade 11s through 33s, I'm down. Not a textbook, but I like to think I know what I'm talking about. Hit me up.

-Phoenix

Degen
05-16-2005, 11:57 PM
wow thanks for the avatar change

that other one freaked me out.

Andre

Phoenix1010
05-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I aim to please. The hot girls in lingerie trend might be worth emulating...

flyby4553
05-18-2005, 05:22 PM
I'd like to get some feedback on my recent play at the $11s. I'm willing to look at HH's in return, though I cant promise expert feedback I will put the time in and give some unbiased feedback back. PM me if your interested in trading HHs or just looking at a few for me.
Thanks

jeffraider
05-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Great idea for a thread!

Anyone want to swap $22 hand histories with me on MSN?

jeffraider_sa@hotmail.com is my MSN handle.

Otherwise, we can do it by e-mail:

jeffraider@yahoo.com

I just ask that you make sure your HHs are replayer-friendly (that's probably a given).

jgunnip
05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
I play the PS 10+1 and 20+2. If anyone is interested in exchanging HHs PM me.

starvs
05-29-2005, 11:15 PM
If anyone wants to review my 11+1 PP hand histories I'd be appreciative. In return I can teach you the secret to being 50 pounds underweight.

-starvs