PDA

View Full Version : Ever play like a donk and win?

Matt Flynn
05-13-2005, 06:20 PM
It feels really good.

Me vs jsup.

I call all in with 98o on the turn with a 8652 double-suited board and clip his A3s flush draw. the offsuit river 7 was just for emphasis. ok, good so far.

next hand i make it 50 from the button (minraise). he goes all in for $1,300 and change. ok i fold.

next hand folded.

next hand he raises pot to $75 from button. i pot it back with AJs. he calls. flop 422 rainbow. i pot it $450. he goes all in. i instacall $700 more. turn a jack. river a 6. he had 64o. he talked smack and quit.

maarrrginal call there by me. but the donkey got his oats, not to mention maximum donkey equity with the instacall. can't wait for the rematch.

matt

soah
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
One time last summer I decided to call a raise with A5s. I flopped one of my suit and decided to call a bet on the flop because I thought I might win by catching an ace, and I might be able to use my position to steal the pot if my opponent checks on the turn. Well on the turn I picked up a flush draw so I called my opponent's all-in bet, and an ace on the river cracked my opponent's KK. I felt like a retard.

Other than that hand, I had been completely nut-peddling at that site; playing only pocket pairs and AK.

neon
05-13-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It feels really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in super LAG mode at shorthanded table the other day, trading huge pots w/ the other LAG at the table.

One hand, after villain had just rebought after I stacked him the hand before, he raised UTG, I called on the button w/ J3s. Flop came 8 high, he bet, I raised all-in, he called w/ 1010, turn was a jack. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

He then proceeded to drop four more buy-ins to me in the next hour.

I love this game sometimes.

felson
05-13-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the donkey got his oats

[/ QUOTE ]

That is awesome.