PDA

View Full Version : Limper Punishing Gone Complicated

MLG
05-13-2005, 06:02 PM
blinds are 100/200. six million limpers to be on the button and I make it 1k with K10o and 13k behind. One EP limper calls with about 10k behind. Flop is all low, limper checks I check. Turn is a K, limper bets 1k, I call. River is another blank, no real draws im worried about. Limper bets 2k, I call.

Thoughts on this line?

DireWolf
05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
Obviously if you didn't have a yankees avatar the limper would have folded.

I like the line allright. I'm thinking hes got a medium pair, so he isn't folding the flop, though i still probably bet the flop. I like the call down as well, cause your gunna puke a little if he calls any raise.

Edit: did he open limp? or after how many limpers did he limp?

Double Edit: are you folding a blank turn if he leads out? If so, why the flop check?

fnord_too
05-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Sometimes I take that line sometimes I bet the flop. I like this line if I have been lagtastic recently, and you certainly want to get to showdown cheeply once you pick up a moderate hand.

locutus2002
05-13-2005, 06:44 PM
I raise the turn to 3K. Make him throw up a little.
I think its hard for villain to lead the river after this without the nuts, and this will give you flexibility if you want to come over the top. Your also willing to call this amount on the river if a blank hits. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ThrillFactor
05-13-2005, 07:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn to 3K. Make him throw up a little.
I think its hard for villain to lead the river after this without the nuts, and this will give you flexibility if you want to come over the top. Your also willing to call this amount on the river if a blank hits. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem is, if he re-pops you on the turn, you have to lay it down. With MLG's line, if you're ahead, your opponent is drawing to at most 5 outs on the river (2 outs for a PP, 3 for an ace, 5 if he paired on the flop - disregarding str8s and flushes). Call the turn, and call a reasonable bet on the river. If opp checks the river, you can make a decision then to value bet or not.

One of those hands that likes to get to showdown cheaply.

On a side note, assuming this is not a rebuy tourney, I really wish I could learn to build a 13K stack by the 100/200 level. Jeez. Of course, raising from the button with KTo after a ton of limpers is not a play that I could see myself making at this point. Maybe that's why...

SossMan
05-13-2005, 07:25 PM
If you are going to raise so little preflop (considering the # of limpers) then I think you have to bet out that flop when heads up. It's not like a checkraise by him and you laying down is the worst thing in the world.

MLG
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
it was the afternoon 50 rebuy, so the stack isnt all that impressive.

ThrillFactor
05-13-2005, 08:12 PM
OK, I fell somewhat better now. ---> <---

MrLob
05-13-2005, 08:21 PM
For what it's worth, I agree with Soss. I think if you're going to punish the limper you should follow through with it on the flop.

Prime Time
05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Agree,
Continuation bet is needed on the flop.

Jason Strasser
05-13-2005, 09:03 PM
Yeah my thought is to bet the flop, fold to a raise, and to get to showdown as cheap as possible if I see the turn (IE opp calls flop bet).

Your line is fine, I find it easier to bet the flop because easier decisions ensue.

-Jason

locutus2002
05-13-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't see how either player would have a pair at this point and offer/receive a free card after such a favorable flop when they have lots of dead money in the pot and big stacks to protect.

If villain had a K it would be hard for him to repop here with KQ or less given the PF raise.

MLG
05-13-2005, 09:18 PM
I usually bet this flop, but I had been pretty laggy recently so I thought that this player would be willing to call the flop with a lot of hands.

MLG
05-14-2005, 03:03 AM
I like your line, and thought afterwards that I had made a mistake not raising to about 2500 on the turn. The raise does a few things. First it lets me off cheap when villain has a monster (either the K helped him or he whiffed a flop c-raise) since its an easy fold to a push. 2nd, a small raise doesn't necessarily lose a smallish PP. If it does its not the end of the world because im not value betting a checked river anyway, im checking behind. Third it prevents me from getting bet off the hand on the river. I got lucky he bet an amount I could comfortably call (well if he wanted me to call I suppose I got unlucky but thats semantics). Thing is, if he bets like 3500, or 4000 I'm in a really really tough spot. There's a chance he's bluffing given how the action went, but there's also a chance im crushed, and i really have no info either way. Not raising the turn puts me in a spot where im likely to make a mistake, without any real added benefit.

Oh, he had AK by the way. Weird in the extreme.

bugstud
05-14-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like your line, and thought afterwards that I had made a mistake not raising to about 2500 on the turn. The raise does a few things. First it lets me off cheap when villain has a monster (either the K helped him or he whiffed a flop c-raise) since its an easy fold to a push. 2nd, a small raise doesn't necessarily lose a smallish PP. If it does its not the end of the world because im not value betting a checked river anyway, im checking behind. Third it prevents me from getting bet off the hand on the river. I got lucky he bet an amount I could comfortably call (well if he wanted me to call I suppose I got unlucky but thats semantics). Thing is, if he bets like 3500, or 4000 I'm in a really really tough spot. There's a chance he's bluffing given how the action went, but there's also a chance im crushed, and i really have no info either way. Not raising the turn puts me in a spot where im likely to make a mistake, without any real added benefit.

Oh, he had AK by the way. Weird in the extreme.

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell, he musta had 5 too many jake and cokes, unlike the 304 I just had.

what a LL douche.

05-14-2005, 03:30 AM
I was sweating when this hand came up and I IM'd MLG when I saw his table "Never been impressed with villain" he said "Me either" This is probably part of why.

Che
05-14-2005, 03:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on this line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why only 1000 preflop?

MLG
05-14-2005, 03:46 AM
It may have been a bit more, i dont have the HH. When I bet whatever I bet I didn't think it was too small.

DireWolf
05-14-2005, 03:49 AM
So, im really drunk, but how come you didn't be this flop? It might have ended up the same, but was there any specific reason?

JaBlue
05-14-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was sweating when this hand came up and I IM'd MLG when I saw his table "Never been impressed with villain" he said "Me either" This is probably part of why.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this collusion? (serious question)

MLG
05-14-2005, 03:53 AM
you hit it in your first post.

MLG
05-14-2005, 03:55 AM
it wasnt during the hand (or any hand i was in for that matter) so I certainly don't feel it is. we aren't dealing in absolutes, but I'm comfortable talking about players and hands if im not currently involved in 1. For example, if I was at a live tourney I would feel fine folding, standing up and talking with a friend about the players at the table.

DireWolf
05-14-2005, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm, should probably stop posting, since im having alot of trouble writing, let along reading.

05-14-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it wasnt during the hand (or any hand i was in for that matter) so I certainly don't feel it is. we aren't dealing in absolutes, but I'm comfortable talking about players and hands if im not currently involved in 1. For example, if I was at a live tourney I would feel fine folding, standing up and talking with a friend about the players at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

bugstud
05-14-2005, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm, should probably stop posting, since im having alot of trouble writing, let along reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

def feelin that