PDA

View Full Version : Two hands for you

istewart
05-13-2005, 05:20 PM
Comments everywhere appreciated in both hands.

I had relatively no read on the BB here. I wasn't feeling good on the turn, and I think I would've dumped this HU (good? bad?). But I felt closing the action with the callers in the middle I had to see a river. Give me your thoughts.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

SB was very loose and a tad on the aggressive side postflop. However, I'm still unsure in general about spots like this (top pair with so-so kicker). MP2 was just a calling station. Fold here if raised on the river by eeither SB or MP2?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

jaxUp
05-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Hand 1: I don't think I would bet the river here

Hand 2: PF is a bit liberal (but not bad). Nice play postflop

Deamon2
05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Hand #1:

I'd fold the turn. With no reads, you really can't have a clue what he'd check/call, lead with. My guess is you're up against A6 or A7 and he figured you took a stab at the pot on the flop.

Hand #2:

fold preflop. If you don't, when he plays with you on that flop you can't like it. You're either looking at another jack, where your WA/WB, or a 3, to which you are WB. Given the action, I don't think you're up against a pp like 88, but its possible. Given you're line, your river bet is good

MrWookie47
05-13-2005, 05:30 PM
Hand 1: I'd be more likely to call down HU, not less. I think I play it the same. I don't really like folding the turn, but maybe that's better.

Hand 2: Any read on his aggression preflop? I raise that flop every time. At the turn, you're only losing to KJ and AJ and chopping with all the others. However, with MP2 donking along, I think you are best to keep betting, even if you only end up getting half of what he puts in. No one has told you they have a three, and no one has said they have a flush. When SB folds, I bet he had something like 22-88, maybe 99-TT.

Edit: The river bet is questionable in hand 1 as well. With all these people calling along with no signs of folding, you're getting a pretty decent overlay, so you don't have to win all that much for a bet to be +EV. You can pretty easily fold to a check/raise.

istewart
05-13-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes, looking at it now, the river bet in #1 is not so good. Maybe I thought I had AK in the heat of it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick Royale
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Hand 1:
I'll play it the same, and don't fold it HU.

Hand 2:
I play it the same, and yes I fold to a c/r.

Firefly
05-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Hand1-River bet..meh. I'd be pretty happy to just see a showdown here.
Hand2-pf is a tad loose..but not awful by any means. I like every stree past preflop though. That 9 put you ahead of alot of Jx holdings and even AJ which are likely holdings for your opponents.

PuckNPoker
05-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I like hand 1 a lot. I see all sorts of "clever" play @ .5/1 where people stop n' go with nothing. I like the call on the turn and love the river bet.

Hand 2, this is one of those hands you just kind of have to go with, I like the flop play. I have no idea where MP2 is in this hand but I see people play pocket pairs this way a lot (although rarely against a flop raise). He have QT /images/graemlins/club.gif or something like that?

Nick Royale
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd be more likely to call down HU

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree.

UATrewqaz
05-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Hand 2.

I agree with the others, I would fold this preflop. Not because J9s is a terrible terrible hand but mostly due to your position. You're up front in middle position and if you get raised you're playing a very low % for 2 small bets vs. 1.

I'd call on the button and maybe in the cutoff, otherwise fold. JTs you could better argue for a call in MP1.

Nick Royale
05-13-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2.

I agree with the others, I would fold this preflop. Not because J9s is a terrible terrible hand but mostly due to your position. You're up front in middle position and if you get raised you're playing a very low % for 2 small bets vs. 1.

I'd call on the button and maybe in the cutoff, otherwise fold. JTs you could better argue for a call in MP1.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is highly table dependant, but in general I think it's an OK limp in .5-1