PDA

View Full Version : AK- turn check

flair1239
05-13-2005, 05:10 PM
SB is reasonable 22/9/2

Hero is MP w/ A /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif

PF:

Folded to hero who raises, SB calls

Flop: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB bets, Hero Raises, SB calls

Turn: (T /images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif) 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero checks

River: 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB bets, hero calls

shant
05-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I think in this situation I would bet the turn/check the river/fold to check-raise. I don't feel comfortable calling river bets from reasonable players with A-high.

Nick Royale
05-13-2005, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think in this situation I would bet the turn/check the river/fold to check-raise. I don't feel comfortable calling river bets from reasonable players with A-high.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, if OP plans to call a river bet I prefer to bet the turn instead and go for a free showdown.

Kyle
05-13-2005, 06:16 PM
I dont like the raise here. Is the villian aggressive enough to lead into the preflop raiser with nothing? If not then I am folding in this situation. Your getting around 4 to 1 from the pot on a 6.5 to 1 draw. To keep from getting run over I would wait until I had a better hand and punish him on later streets.

MattC
05-13-2005, 06:48 PM
free card play :>.

ncboiler
05-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Small pot. You basically have nothing. Fold

shant
05-13-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Small pot. You basically have nothing. Fold

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't understand why you guys are folding this on the flop in a heads-up steal situation. Can you explain past having nothing? I think you have enough outs to continue, and possibly the best hand currently.

nervous
05-13-2005, 07:21 PM
I'd play the flop the same and probably check behind on the turn like you, but fold the river, or bet the turn and check behind on the river. Player dependent if he was just betting into you to see if you had anything which I constantly see people doing.

Just fold the river. He has a pair.