PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Hold Em for Windows 5.0 - whadda think?

whiskeytown
12-01-2002, 12:19 AM
I got a mailing from Wilson Software today...upgrade for $25 bucks...

they say it plays better...I dunno...the old version was pretty flakey...Hell, I got to the final table in their simulation..

maybe I'll upgrade...I'd like to be able to recreate my own limits and blinds though....get more practice at online tourneys...

RB

12-01-2002, 12:55 AM
Are you sure it was TOURNAMENT 5.0?? I just got 4.0 a month ago, and the website says nothing about 5.0.... Turbo Texas Holdem (full ring game and analysis tools) is version 5.0....

In Tourney 4.0, you can select from 16 betting structures (making some no-limit at the top) and set the chips and time, but you can't set your own betting limits.

Let me know about the 5.0 Tourney, so I can yell at Bob if he didn't send me anything on it...
Easy E

whiskeytown
12-01-2002, 01:28 AM
got the mailing last week...I got the TTH one a few months ago...

definately the Tournament holdem version...:D

RB

whiskeytown
12-01-2002, 11:33 PM
got my TTH and Tournament TTH confused...

Tournament hold em is 4.0 - TTH is 5.0 - whoops.

RB /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Get Jiggy
12-03-2002, 06:23 PM
Whiskey,

It's disappointing. I can easily win the 32 table no limit tourney. The computer opponents don't seem to mix up their betting patterns, just the starting cards. I'm not sure, but I think their personalities also affect how easily they fold.

In my opinion, the prior version was better - there was only one obvious tell I noticed. This version has better play in some ways, but is much more predictable in others. Therefore, it's more beatable.

I prefer software that will kick my tail (or at least give it a good yank), so I'm kind of bummed about it.

Jiggy