PDA

View Full Version : hypothetical question, low content

technologic
05-13-2005, 02:46 PM
some poker buddies and i were discussing how many bb you would have to have to fold a flop where you flop a straight flush

for example, the board is 678s, and you hold 45s. assuming you bet, villain raises, you reraise, he reraises, etc. and you guys are making decent sized bets, and villain is a sane player, how many bb would you have to have in front of you to fold the straight flush? how many bb would you need to have in front of you for folding to be correct?

(there is no bad beat jackpot)

LuvDemNutz
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Depends on Villain.

thabadguy
05-13-2005, 02:50 PM
a thousand trillion billion million bb's...maybe, if villain is reallllly tight passive

technologic
05-13-2005, 03:20 PM
assume villain is winning NL player at 5/10 level. not entirely predictable, but not maniacal.

LuvDemNutz
05-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Well I think what you are generally asking is what is the probability that Villain has exactly Ts9s vs. some other hand he'd be willing to put his whole stack in on that board.

in order to anwwer that I'd have to have a feel for the pre-flop action, table dynamics, a read as to how Villain plays (ie - would he reraise a reraise on the flop with an unbeatable hand???), etc, etc.

Hard to really say in general -

technologic
05-13-2005, 03:31 PM
hmm...let's say it's just a regular game, nothing crazy has been going on, the most "normal" conditions that is allowable for a poker game, and everyone is equally deep stacked at the table.

i mean, the question isn't really how would you get away, or how would you read the opponent etc., it's more of a matter of, if you were gigantically stacked, say 1m bb, at what point would warning bells ring in your head saying, ok maybe i'll just call.