PDA

View Full Version : A Bubble Decision

nokona13
05-13-2005, 02:24 PM
Sorry about the lack of hand history. Party hasn't been emailing me my histories the past two days for some reason...

Party 22, blinds at 150/300, 4 left. I'm the BB, the button was short stack two orbits ago and doubled with 44 vs. A9s. On my next BB, he was button and minraised my blind and I folded. The next orbit on my BB the UTG pushed and all folded. This is my next BB, stacks before posting:

UTG: ~1500
Button: ~2000
SB: ~3000
Hero: ~1500

Hero has 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif

1 fold, Button raises to 600, SB folds, Hero...

UMTerp
05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
I'm calling and pushing any flop that doesn't have a 6 in it.

nokona13
05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Stop-n-go... Hmmm....

I admit that didn't even cross my mind. Against a loosish opponent is this one of your standard lines with mid to low-mid pockets?

And I assume if a six fell you'd look for a c/r push? or check/call push?

chopchoi
05-13-2005, 02:43 PM
I would push, but then again I don't know how to use the stop and go.

Terps, why is the stop and go better than a push here?

UMTerp
05-13-2005, 02:48 PM
It's only better if you think he won't lay down preflop, and it's hard to tell from the min-raise given the description in the OP. Whichever you think you'll have maximum fold equity with is the one you want to use.

Small to mid pockets are ideal hands to use a stop and go with too, because presumably you opponent will have overs, and this way he only gets to see three cards before he's put to the test rather than running all five of them (if you get in preflop). A 900 chip push into his 1400 stack should give him something to think about if he whiffs on the flop too.

I think folding is kinda weak here personally, but I'm sure some will advocate it.