PDA

View Full Version : Third nut boat on river, Reraise?

Irishfly
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
1/2NL livegame

Reads-
Villian is tricky player. Have seen him take down huge pot with low suited connectors that he reraised with preflop and fired shots all the way to the river after he missed. Has also shown down some solid hands and is one of the better players at the table. Everybody is slowplaying like fish for some reason. Fancy Play Syndrome abounds. Hero crushed for whole stack earlier with second nut boat (already posted Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2361536&page=15&view=coll apsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) ) and still feeling it a bit.

Hero $200 behind
Villian has me covered

Hero in BB with J6o
5 players limped or completed.

<font color="blue">Flop J 10 6 rainbow </font>

Hero bets $12 into $10 pot
everybody folds except villian in Late position

<font color="blue">Turn 7 suits with one of the cards </font>

Hero bets $20 villian calls

<font color="blue">River J does not complete flush </font>

Hero holds $25 in his hand preparing to bet but then checks.
Villian thinks for a minute and bets $30
Hero Call or Raise?

Edited for early morning grammar mistakes.

swolfe
05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
3rd nut boat, but whatev /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i'd raise as much as i think he'd call

theben
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
definetly raise. you beat plently of hands here that he could possibly have and a still call checkraise with. your biggest and only real fear is a JT, but remember you can still beat AJ-QJ, TT, and 66 (even though 66 is a huge longshot) you beat big unpaired cards but they are not as likely but still possible as well. dont become super tight weak now after one tough break!

theben
05-13-2005, 02:37 PM
honestly, it looks like your villian was either trapping with TT or calling down with a KJ.

if your villian was a real weak player, this looks like he had KJ and was calling your bets down with TP2K and on the end, betting his trips against what he hopes is your overpair. this is what it looks like normally.

you said this player is tricky-good, and tricky/good players dont play KJ like this, which is why it might be a set of tens. but a real 'player' would not be calling a set on this flop. its too dangerous. it could be your opponent/villian is just some 'FPS-sucker' who thinks he knows poker and thinks hes really tricky, but is really just bad.

Irishfly
05-13-2005, 03:37 PM
"Thinks he knows poker but is really just bad"- alot of people at the table like this.
Later you will see that he did indeed play it badly. But I am with you, TTT has to raise this draw heavy flop and especially the turn. J top or 2nd kicker does as well. Actually TJ- the only hand I was really scared of (because EVERYBODY plays TJ in just about any situation) would really need to raise as well. Like I said though- everyone trying to slowplay and win a huge pot. My line is to make a draw pay here but not get a whole lot of money involved in a huge pot with split two pair. That is the reason for the weak turn bet. Filling up on the river kind of caught me by suprise which might turn this $80 pot into a $300 pot. The hands that beat me on the turn J7 and JT still beat me on the river. I would feel alot better if a 6 had fallen on the river. The only thing that I couldn't beat on the turn without improving would be the straight with 89 or a set.

-Skeme-
05-13-2005, 03:52 PM
I hate the check.

WSOPwinner10
05-13-2005, 07:56 PM
DOES A SOLID PLAYER EVEN CALL WITH J7. DON'T BE AN IDIOT AND RAISE THAT **** 75 MORE.

creedofhubris
05-13-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1/2NL livegame

Reads-
Villian is tricky player. Have seen him take down huge pot with low suited connectors that he reraised with preflop and fired shots all the way to the river after he missed. Has also shown down some solid hands and is one of the better players at the table. Everybody is slowplaying like fish for some reason. Fancy Play Syndrome abounds. Hero crushed for whole stack earlier with second nut boat (already posted Here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2361536&amp;page=15&amp;view=coll apsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1) ) and still feeling it a bit.

Hero $200 behind
Villian has me covered

Hero in BB with J6o
5 players limped or completed.

<font color="blue">Flop J 10 6 rainbow </font>

Hero bets $12 into $10 pot
everybody folds except villian in Late position

<font color="blue">Turn 7 suits with one of the cards </font>

Hero bets $20 villian calls

<font color="blue">River J does not complete flush </font>

Hero holds $25 in his hand preparing to bet but then checks.
Villian thinks for a minute and bets $30
Hero Call or Raise?

Edited for early morning grammar mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

River check is bad unless he's going to autosteal.

Reraise him, of course. $100 or so.

Irishfly
05-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Ended up having 89 for the str8. I wished I had reraised but was worried about having to call a stack sized bet again with underboat. I admit, I lacked some heart on this one. Lesson learned. Anybody fold for the rest of their stack if reraised in this same position?

Thanks,
D

theben
05-14-2005, 02:02 PM
dont let a past situation that yields a 'tough break' throw your game off. dont get gunshy with your 'monsters' fearing a larger monster. the reason your hand is a monster is because it beats so many other hands players might push and only loses to a select few. for only about 100$ more, i would never fold this hand so no--if he pushes, i call