PDA

View Full Version : PP 2/4 Folded to you on the button with Q9o

gr8vertical
05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
In my new relentless effort to play like a good (successful) 2+2'er I'm posting more hands that somewhat confuse me. Is this a good steal attempt when folded to me on the button? Do I almost always want to raise when folded to me on the button?

Also the villian had been pushed off a few pots so with the turn card being a scare card (flush) I thought it was a good spot to bluff

Is my play just lucky here? And usually just chip spewing? Because I'm not sure what I would have done had he reraised me...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Nick Royale
05-13-2005, 02:25 PM
What hands you should raise from button depends on the blinds. Against some you could raise almost any hand, but in general that's not a good idea. Q9o is a hand I raise against most blinds. After getting 3-betted preflop I fold the flop.

Piiop
05-13-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hands you should raise from button depends on the blinds. Against some you could raise almost any hand, but in general that's not a good idea. Q9o is a hand I raise against most blinds. After getting 3-betted preflop I fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm don't think there's anything else to say.

[ QUOTE ]
Because I'm not sure what I would have done had he reraised me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I really, really hope you would've folded.

mtdoak
05-13-2005, 02:42 PM
I raise everytime here. Blind steals/resteals are almost ALWAYS dependent on the player who you are against and your table image. I like the flop raise, but muck VERY quickly to a 3 bet/raise on the turn.

wrto4556
05-13-2005, 03:10 PM
Folding this flop is a breeze.