PDA

View Full Version : KJs sb

Rushmore
05-13-2005, 01:47 PM
Allrighty then...

100/450 left, top 50 get paid. Blinds at 150/300.

Hero (2200 after posting blind) has KJs in the sb.

Shortstack UTG pushes 850. Folded around to weak-tight CO, who calls. Button folds. BB does not defend with any particular zeal, and is comfy with chips.

I think the biggest question is whether another 1350 pushes CO out of the hand.

Your play?

bugstud
05-13-2005, 01:49 PM
ughh fun times. how weak-tight is weak tight, like coldcall with KK weaktight?

bruce
05-13-2005, 01:57 PM
I'm not real thrilled about putting in 750 more with King high.
This represents one third of your chips. If you lose the pot
you basically are left playing two card poker. If you pass you
have the button the very next hand and you have FE.

Bruce

fnord_too
05-13-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think the biggest question is whether another 1350 pushes CO out of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's a good question.

In this case, without a read on UTG, I push. In a lot of ways I don't care if CO comes along or not. I'm guessing he does not dominate my hand (except maybe with AA or KK, and KK isn't too likely since I have one) or he would push to isolate. (Well maybe a weak tight would not push with something like AJo here, but he should).

At any rate, I think if CO folds you are are happy with the dead money and if he sticks you are at worst drawing live for the side pot. UTG really can have about anything here since he is looking at posting 300 of his last 850 next hand. Oh, and the BB's 300 sweetens the deal. I think this is a good spot to gamble it up, folding just seems too weak with a BB who is likely to go away and a CO who you have legitimate FE with. (I don't think he shuold EVER fold there for another 1350 closing the action for the whole hand assuming he has a decent stack. If he is folding 10% of the time I think this is a good push, but I am pulling that number out of no where.)

locutus2002
05-13-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't think a push would get CO to lay down anything but the bottom end of his calling range (88, and AT). I think its possible these hands aren't even in the range. The pot is laying him 3:1 and he's not going to have to make anymore tough decisions if he has a mid pair. If he has overs he's going to get to see all 5 cards.

I probably call here (1/3 of my chips). BB will be getting 5:1 and should call. Although I am probably less than EV in the pot, I think there's a good chance I can get to see some free cards if the CO doesn't have anything, or is scared of the board. You will have T1350 to play after the flop if you need it. I think its a gamblers bet, and I wouldn't criticize folding here either.

Rushmore
05-13-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ughh fun times. how weak-tight is weak tight, like coldcall with KK weaktight?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, more like "would call with QJ then fold to a raise weak-tight."

locutus2002
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
That's more like weak-loose than weak-tight. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rushmore
05-13-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's more like weak-loose than weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. How about "weak-weak?"