PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 uknown player takes wierd line

queenhigh
05-13-2005, 01:27 PM
5/10 Online. 5 handed, and I dont know anyone at the table, so I only buy in for $500 till I figure these guys out. Villain's got around $1100

I get J10s in the BB, UTG limps, button min raises to $20. I call, so does UTG. Flop is J62 rainbow. I lead for $50, UTG folds, button min raises to $100.

This is a typical weak player's AA/KK line, but it could also be AK or a pocket pair. What percent of the time do you think I'm ahead here?

I call the min raise. Turn is a brick. Pot is $260, i've got $400 left. What's the plan?

flawless_victory
05-13-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What percent of the time do you think I'm ahead here?

[/ QUOTE ]5%. check/fold...

NickDollar
05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
I find myself in this type of situation a lot. I have a pretty good hand that I lead with from the blinds. Then someone minraises. I would fold to a "real" raise but I find myself always calling the minimum ones...and checkfolding the turn to a bet. After countless times of this happening I think unless you have a decent read villain is bluffing you should just fold to the minraise in the first place, as more often than not you face another bet on the turn and do not like it at all.

I could be off though, maybe the real problem is that I shouldn't be folding to these turn bets because I have underrepresented my hand. I am very interested in what other posters do in similar situations: facing the minraise with a decent hand that's probably not ahead.