PDA

View Full Version : I lose more money with two pair...

lutefisk
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Quite early, so no reads. I made a small flop bet with the intent of inducing action. Is this a huge mistake? Only do this if I want to go all the way no matter what? FWIW I would've called the first all in, but I couldn't bring myself to overcall.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit $10 Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1460)
Hero (t1460)
UTG (t1600)
UTG+1 (t1430)
UTG+2 (t1345)
MP1 (t1440)
MP2 (t1935)
MP3 (t1320)
CO (t1880)
Button (t1130)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, CO calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t150) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t50</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to t100</font>, MP3 calls t100, CO calls t100, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t350</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to (all in) </font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to (all in) </font>, CO folds,

Hero ???????

"Only after the 10th punch will you see the fist, and only after the 20th will you block it." --Proverb from the game of Go

wiggs73
05-13-2005, 01:10 PM
i think you need to go ahead and bet more on the flop since the board is so draw heavy. had you had say, 83, and the board been j83 rainbow, you could probably have made a smaller bet. but really 2 pair isn't something you want to get too fancy with considering the number of draws out there.

given the fact that you made the small bet, i don't really like the re-raise. i usually play pretty tight-weak early in sng's, but i would have called the raise and then led out on the turn with a large bet if no spade or straight card fell. also, i think your fold was the correct play.

bluefeet
05-13-2005, 01:29 PM
wow. i'd let it rip with one other and accept the consequences, but TWO?

determining what they might have is the fun part.

MP2: i'm guessing flush draws.
i would expect a much larger riase with that board if he was holding an overpair, TPTK, or even a set...too many to act after a weak raise. still logical i suppose for him to be holding nutflush with the attitude "screw it...i'm gonna take it down now or suckout a spade". his all-in would also indicate the set of 3's, but why only minraise?

MP3: even more bizarre. he has a bet and a raise in front of him, but STILL only calls. i just can't believe he'd do this with anything more than a draw. but to call the reraise of the reraise of the reraise all-in?!? could/would he slowplay something significant with all the original flop action before him?

i still believe you have the best hand. problem is that w/ two drawers, drawing to perhaps a flush and a straight, it's gonna be hard for 2 pair to hold up.

for me? i'd let them battle it out (cuz i'm a wuss). but with those pot odds and perhaps holding the best hand - i'm sure you'll have no problem finding a ton of 'cover your eyes and push' advice.

sofere
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
This is an $11 tourney, I call this in a heartbeat. You're probably up against a flush draw and TT. The only hand that beats you now is a set and and I can't give them credit for that in this level. (Also you're getting &gt;3:1 and have 4 outs to a boat)

lutefisk
05-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Cheers to you. It was 99 and flush draw, in that order. Dude caught the flush in the end. Nice reads.

"Only after the 10th punch will you see the fist, and only after the 20th will you block it." --Proverb from the game of Go

bruce
05-13-2005, 01:46 PM
I don't like your reraise. I fold or move all in. This is an
$11 tourney and I doubt your against too many Einstein's. I move all in a heart beat.

Bruce