PDA

View Full Version : Hand I'd like comments on

rickr
05-13-2005, 12:08 PM
This tourney was lasting forever. Everyone was weak tight. The only play I'd made was against the current BB when I was BB holding QK the last orbit. He had limped in on the button and I pushed. He called holding A2o and I doubled up when I hit my Q. I did think this through, but I;ve been told not to provide my thought process to begin with, so I won't.

Thanks,
Rick

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1115)
BB (t1435)
UTG (t910)
Hero (t1100)
CO (t2080)
Button (t1360)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1100 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t1115 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t2515) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t2515) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t2515) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2515

cleinen
05-13-2005, 12:11 PM
deleted

Tilt
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Not sure how much there is to comment on. You made a steal with a decent, not great hand, against two stacks against whom you might have some fold equity.

You really have to make a move soon, and your options are dwindling down. This might be the last hand where you possess any fold equity at all, since UTG in the BB next hand will be compelled to call with almost any two.

I think its fine. Hope you sucked out on him.

rickr
05-13-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure how much there is to comment on. You made a steal with a decent, not great hand, against two stacks against whom you might have some fold equity.

You really have to make a move soon, and your options are dwindling down. This might be the last hand where you possess any fold equity at all, since UTG in the BB next hand will be compelled to call with almost any two.

I think its fine. Hope you sucked out on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was my exact thinking, so your comments are what I was looking for. Eastbay's sngpt shows it +ev as well, unless I put everyone at the table as maniac. I felt it was a standard play to make, but took so much heat from the table (which normally means your doing something right) I thought I'd double check myself. As for sucking out, not happening. I'm too good of monster hunter. SB was holding KK /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Oops.
Oh well, next.

Thanks,
Rick

wiggs73
05-13-2005, 01:20 PM
eh, these things happen. i think the push is fine, fwiw.

chopchoi
05-13-2005, 01:26 PM
My first reaction was that I liked the push, but the more I think about it, I'm not so sure. I would have liked it if you were UTG, but from UTG+1 the odds are in your favor to catch an A,K or pocket pair on one of your next 2 hands, so you probably would have been better off waiting. As for UTG being compelled to call with any 2, I think under these circumstances you welcome that. You're too far from the money to think you can steal your way there. You need to pick up some chips.

jeffraider
05-13-2005, 01:31 PM
[quoteI'm too good of monster hunter. SB was holding KK /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Oops.
Oh well, next.

Thanks,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

Monster Hunter! Hahahaha that's really good, I've felt like that too the last couple of days. I seem to be a divining rod for AA/KK when I've got something like AQsish. Anyways good hand, the conditions were ripe for a steal with UTG so short.

rickr
05-13-2005, 02:36 PM
How are the odds in my favor to pick up a much better hand? And how is it really 2. After sucking out on the guy that will be the button when my BB comes just a few hands before when he limped, I figure He'll push any 2. So calling with any 2 from the BB doesn't look too good. The big stack is to my left, so I have to push into him when I'm small blind, after he's seen what the rest of the field has done. I don't like that. My thought was, A.) I seem to get alot more respect for a raise from UTG+1 than UTG, B.) All stacks are healthy enough that I have pretty good FE right now, and with the biggerstacks to my left having to fear a reraise behind them, they would be more reluctant to call. and C.) Do you really count on much better than TQs in the next hand? I guess I could fold through my blinds and wait for a premium hand, but by then I'll have no FE at all.

What are others opinions.

Later,
Rick

DasLeben
05-13-2005, 02:40 PM
It's fine IMO. This isn't a hand you like to be playing in this position, but the blinds are going to hit you soon.

rickr
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's fine IMO. This isn't a hand you like to be playing in this position, but the blinds are going to hit you soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nope. I ordered AA, but the delivery guy never showed. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Rick

chopchoi
05-13-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How are the odds in my favor to pick up a much better hand? And how is it really 2. After sucking out on the guy that will be the button when my BB comes just a few hands before when he limped, I figure He'll push any 2. So calling with any 2 from the BB doesn't look too good. The big stack is to my left, so I have to push into him when I'm small blind, after he's seen what the rest of the field has done. I don't like that. My thought was, A.) I seem to get alot more respect for a raise from UTG+1 than UTG, B.) All stacks are healthy enough that I have pretty good FE right now, and with the biggerstacks to my left having to fear a reraise behind them, they would be more reluctant to call. and C.) Do you really count on much better than TQs in the next hand? I guess I could fold through my blinds and wait for a premium hand, but by then I'll have no FE at all.

What are others opinions.

Later,
Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Your BB hand doesn't count as a chance to steal. My mistake. Odds are this hand is better than what you'll get next hand. I take back what I wrote before. I like the play.